Decisions...Decisions

Decisions...Decisions

This is a discussion on Decisions...Decisions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all... Been checking out info here for a while and decided to join in! My question is.... Sig 239 or Glock 26 or ???? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decisions...Decisions

Decisions...Decisions

Hello all...

Been checking out info here for a while and decided to join in!

My question is....

Sig 239 or Glock 26 or ????

I'm kind of new to shooting and just turned in my app for my CPL. Looking for my first carry gun. Would like small as possible with good function. FWIW, I shoot about twice a week and currently shoot both a Ruger MKIII and a Sig P6. I feel comfortable with 9mm and .40 but am going to wait until I can handle a .45 better before I carry one. I have buddies that have them and can shoot them almost every week so it shouldn't be too long until the comfort level is there.

Any comments or suggestions would be great.

thanks!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Well, since I own like 5 Glocks, I would have to say G26. It is my carry gun. Love it.

Although, either gun is a good choice. Me thinks some choices are gooder than others.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I am partial to the G26 personally

"Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Well for me it is very easy. Glock all the way! I love the way my 26 shoots. Get one you will love it!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Welcome from Mass. Both good weapons, go & shoot them and while your at it squeeze off a few rounds out of a M&P compact you might be impressed.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

i say get the 26, or if you are feelin froggy get the 27, personally i shot both and actually shot better with the 27, tho i have no clue why, either way go with the glock.

Another G26 vote......my everyday carry.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Lead Moderator
    Going to go against everyone else so far. Go shoot the SIG 239 and chances are your mind will be made up! Go for the SIG!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by boatguyMI View Post
    Hello all...

My question is....

I'm kind of new to shooting and just turned in my app for my CPL. Looking for my first carry gun. Would like small as possible with good function. FWIW, I shoot about twice a week and currently shoot both a Ruger MKIII and a Sig P6. I feel comfortable with 9mm and .40 but am going to wait until I can handle a .45 better before I carry one. I have buddies that have them and can shoot them almost every week so it shouldn't be too long until the comfort level is there.

Any comments or suggestions would be great.

thanks!
    If the choices are just among the two you are considering at the moment, go with the G-26. I had one and loved it. Traded it away for my G-36. I now have a G-27 on the way and I intend to get a conversion barrel and G-26 magazine for it so that I can have a .40 S&W and the low cost range time of a 9mm. There was just something about the "crack" of the G-26 that I really miss. Go with Glock!
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Just to make it clear, I don't have my heart set on only these two. It just seemed like the Glock was the popular choice and the gun shop owner said the Sig is worth the extra money as it really is a "better" gun. (Not my words so be nice to me) I own a Sig, love it but the 239 is a little heavier and doesn't hold as many rounds.

If there is something else to look at, I'm open to suggestions.

Hello all...

My question is....

OOOoooooo! I know! G26! Glock rocks the world!

Wellllllllll, the Glock Electoral College votes are in and the GLOCK 26 is a winner!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Check out the Springfield XD. I like the way it fits in my hand better than a Glock. Or the Smith and Wesson M&P line. They are way comfy and if I didn't already have an XD that I could use the holsters for I would get my compact in the M&P, but I'm gonna get the XD subcompact.

Also check out the Kahr line of weapons. Real slim.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

if your looking at a Glock in the .40 size, then look at the XD in the .40 size also. shoot them, compair them. then deside. I have a XD .40 sub compact.
    sooo easy to carry and shoots like a dream.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Beauty and the Beast

My question is....

I think both are good choices, and the one you choose is more personal preference than a superiority of one over the other.

I was measuring guns the other day with my calipers, and I had a Sig P239 and a Glock 19 on the table together. The two guns had identical slide width (1.0 inches) and identical grip width (1.1 inches). Their height was the same, when lying upside down on their sights. And the Glock was slightly longer in the slide, but not by very much. The Sig weighed about 5 ounces more empty, because of its aluminum frame vs. the Glock's polymer. So I would say from a size and concealment standpoint, the P239 and G19 are virtually identical. The G26 you mentioned is smaller and would conceal more easily.

A bigger difference would be the trigger action of Sig vs. Glock and which you prefer. I'd try both and see which one you shoot the best.

In terms of looks, it is no contest - the Glock is plain and the Sig is good looking. You'll have to decide if that is important to you.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links