No, not in my house.

This is a discussion on No, not in my house. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Woohoo Glock! Shoot it a bit and I bet you will come around...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No, not in my house.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Woohoo Glock! Shoot it a bit and I bet you will come around
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

2. Remove Ads

The ugly duckling

I've owned a Glock 19 for about 10 years, have put about 5000 rounds through it without a hitch, and carried it at one time. Although it is a very plain looking, almost ugly gun, it does everything well that a gun should do:

- feeds, fires and ejects every time
    - likes all kinds of 9mm ammo
    - holds a lot of rounds (15+1)
    - takes down and reassembles easily and quickly
    - gives you the same trigger pull every time
    - no manual safety to forget under stress
    - is tough, durable and corrosion resistant
    - is plenty safe if you respect the trigger
    - is priced reasonably
    - is accurate enough

I shot the gun at the range a couple of days ago for the first time in awhile, and was thinking to myself that maybe I should start using it more.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

GREAT choice, allowing HER to choose HER gun, and also on her choosing the G19. GREAT GUN !!!!

I recall the jokes about "the plastic gun" back in the 80's while living in TX. I would have never thought that I would buy one. But at 1/2 the weight of my trusty 1911, and almost twice the capacity...

After a few hundred rounds, it was time for some tweaking. needed to mod the trigger pull, and lighten the recoil spring.

I have found the Glock is a superb pistol, and extremely accurate.

Tell your wife "welcome to the GLOCK Family."

Be careful, you may be next. Once you get the fever, there's only one cure..... Buy another Glock!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Talking

I agree, no Glocks in the house. May cause the property values to go down. Heh, heh, heh

Congratulations on being smart enough to let your wife pick her own gun.

For what they are, Glocks aren't bad. To me, there are other guns I would rather own, but if I had to take one out of the box and use it, without breaking it in, it would be a Glock 19. In fact I only own one Glock, and it's a 19.

I still prefer my Revolvers and my 1911 though.

Biker

Never been a fan of the glocks. My first experience with one, I thought the gun was broken. Could'nt get it to fire. Then I realized you have to "row" the trigger a mile, then another 1/4mi to get it to fire. Not for me.

Fired a few since then and they are OK, I guess. Reliable if nothing else. Although, my accuracy with them is completely horrible. I'm just not a DA shooter.

Let us know whata you think of your 24/7. I absolutely love mine. Perfect fit, memory pads line up perfectly on my grip making it extremely easy to grab a point quickly and consistently. Couple that with all the "whole ball of wax" in the way of features at it's a real winner. Mine has also ran flawless for me, and the action feels fantastic. Only gripe I have is that I still need to drift the rear sight over a bit more to get it firing a bit closer to POA.
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

You could have done a hell of a lot worse...at least she likes it and will carry it. I can't get my wife to even touch a pistol. Personally, I love 'em. Have 3.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    GLOCKS are great defensive guns.

Your wife did good.

I used to own a Glock 19 until I took my wife shooting. She liked it so much that the only time I get to handle it is when I'm cleaning it after she's done shooting.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran
    ISRA Member
    NRA Member
    Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

We had a smilar experience. My hubby had what he thought was good for me picked out, and then we rented a few. I didn't like the one he had picked, but did like the Glock we rented. I bought a Glock 19 and I LOVE it. And I clean it myself, so easy!
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    We had a smilar experience. My hubby had what he thought was good for me picked out, and then we rented a few. I didn't like the one he had picked, but did like the Glock we rented. I bought a Glock 19 and I LOVE it. And I clean it myself, so easy!
    That reminds me of a post where somebody throws their glock in a dishwasher to clean it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Watch out that Glock may grow on you. I didn't like them for quite awhile, now they are one of my favorites. Especially the G19.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    She picked the best gun out there though.

I kid, but seriously I feel the G19 is the best 9mm available. I'm sure she'll love to shoot it. Now, can you get her to carry it? Not that it's particularly hard, but some women don't like to wear a belt that is suitable for carrying a gun on.
    I have both the G-26 and the G-19; What I like best is the G-26 with the G-19 barrel and, eventually, a G-19 mag with the sleeve; it is still substantially smaller than the G-19 but same performance.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    I have both the G-26 and the G-19; What I like best is the G-26 with the G-19 barrel and, eventually, a G-19 mag with the sleeve; it is still substantially smaller than the G-19 but same performance.
    Shorter sight radius though and different balance.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links