No, not in my house.

This is a discussion on No, not in my house. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Heimer Never been a fan of the glocks. My first experience with one, I thought the gun was broken. Could'nt get it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No, not in my house.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    Never been a fan of the glocks. My first experience with one, I thought the gun was broken. Could'nt get it to fire. Then I realized you have to "row" the trigger a mile, then another 1/4mi to get it to fire. Not for me.
    Get a 3.5# connector and NY1 spring and see if you like that better
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

2. Remove Ads

Well we went out today for her to try her G19 and me to shoot the 24/7. They both shot well. She didn't even want to shoot the 24/7.

Initially I set her target out at about 10 yards, she wasn't even hitting on the paper. So I moved it in closer and she was shooting way, way low. Well after a magazine of that, I got the G19 from her to see if it was the gun or her. It was her. My first shot was in the 2x2 bull area of the target. So I looked at her grip had her readjust her grip some and that brought the shots up some but not where they needed to be.

Finally I adjusted the rear sight so that it would shoot higher, and I took some shots out to about 25 yrds or so. Well it was shooting way high for me so I gave it back to her. She was still shooting a bit low but not as bad. She was really liking the pistol but insisted that her aiming needed to be different than mine.

So finally, I took all the bullets out of the gun and watched her dry fire it a couple of times, well low and behold she was jerking the trigger and the front of the pistol was dropping severely when she pulled the trigger. So I had her take her time and work so that she could pull the trigger without the severe drop that she had earlier. Once she got that down we put the magazine back in it, and guess what she was hitting what she aimed at. We are just going to have to spend some time working with it and getting her better at controlling the trigger.

Both guns shot very well. I had no issues with my 24/7. We shot some white box, and some Miwall ammo, along with some JHP out of both. There were some FTF, and stovepipes with the G19, but it was due to the fact that the 10 yr old son of a friend of ours was limp wristing it. About 8 of 15 shots for him had to be cleared. So after one magazine he went back to the revolver.

All in all it was a good day. Best thing is that this evening when another female friend of ours was over, during the conversation the wife admitted that wearing my Crossbreed with the PT111 the other night around the house was not that bad. Additionally she said that she probably would not carry all the time when I was with her but if she went out by herself she would probably carry her Glock. That is after she finishes the course and gets her license.

Yea, we are making progress.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Some of the ladies really like tupperware.

The Glock 19 has to be one of my most reliable handguns... and my top 3 handguns to carry right now are all Glocks.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

OF all the Glocks, the G19 is probably the best Glock overall (I've got a 19, 21, 23, 29, 30)... the 19 is a superb defense gun, especially for someone who doesn't want to go with a bigger caliber.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

I am finally getting around to posting this. Here is one of the targets that my wife shot yesterday. I don't think it is too bad for her first day with the G19. This was shot at about 25 ft. She must have had one flyer since I can only find 14 shots on the paper.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

good for your wife! All I have to say is if buying my wife a $3,000 Wilson Combat will get her to shoot a gun, then by goodness I am going to the bank to take out a personal loan! Glad to hear yours is a little easier than mine so far! have fun at the range.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Thats real good shooting for her first outing w/ the G19. Make sure you praise her up and down.

You are fortunate that your wife will even shoot. Mine won't even consider it. She likes that I shoot and carry but wants nothing to do with it. After 23 years of marriage I do have to accept it.

And to top it off she likes Glock! You do know you your conversion will follow shortly. Resistance is futile.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    So against my better judgement, there is a Glock in the house now. .
    There goes the neighborhood.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links