No, not in my house.

No, not in my house.

This is a discussion on No, not in my house. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well we went out to pick up the Taurus 24/7 that I ordered to replace the PT111 that was going to be given to the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No, not in my house.

No, not in my house.

Well we went out to pick up the Taurus 24/7 that I ordered to replace the PT111 that was going to be given to the wife when she gets her license back.

Everything is going good, I check the gun out, of course it is covered in oil so I didn't spend too much time handling it. Gave it to the wife she checked it over and said it was ok, yadda yadda. We look around the gun shop, this one happens to be closing at the end of the year which really sucks, since it is where I usually buy my stuff. We look at a couple of carbines, a Kel Tec and a High Point. I was really surprised at how easy the High Point shouldered and pointed. She really liked it too. So I ask her if she would like to have it. She says no, we probably don't need to spend the money at this time, that we should just wait. Ok, whatever, I was getting my pistol so I didn't want to push things.

So we go back over to the circular pistol counter and I tell her to look around, to see if there is anything in there that caught her eye. Well she starts to look at some small autos, and says lets look at these. Of course they are those Glock pistols, which I don't care for. He hands her a G26, but she doesn't like the grip length and hands it back to him, so he hands her a G19, and she says, hey I like this. I tell her to check out the grip angle, to point it and see how it feels, how it points etc. She still likes it, and then hands it back to the guy. He goes over to help someone else, man I need to be in the gun business right now.

So we are looking some more and there is another couple that is looking as well, and they want to see some .357's so we go over there with them and start to look at revolvers. The wife holds a few of them, an SP101, a S&W 640, and then an airweight Taurus in .357 not sure of the model number. She liked the Taurus the best of all based on the grip and barrel length. She wasn't sold on any of them, says that we don't need to spend the money, that if we buy two guns it will be almost a grand to walk out of the store, yada, yada, yada.

So we are talking some more about the guns etc, and I ask her, if there is anything that she wants to see again. She says, she really like that one she held earlier. The G19, yuck. The guy gets done with his customer and comes back and asks if we have decided on anything yet. I ask her if she want to look at the Glock again and she says she didn't know, I tell him to get it out and he does. She is holding it and saying how much she likes it. Now is the "Gee thanks Lima" moment BTW, your getting the bill. So I tell her if she wants it we will get it. I tell her if she doesn't like a gun she won't want to carry it, and if she really likes this one and thinks she will be more interested in shooting it and carrying it then that is what matters. The salesman agrees, well duh, he would be an idiot if he didn't. So I ask her what she thinks, and she says again that she likes it. My only response after that is that I have already done my paperwork, she has to fill it out on the Glock.

So against my better judgement, there is a Glock in the house now. I don't have to worry about similar guns now, since apparently she has her own auto, with no safetys and nothing extra to learn about. We will go out to deer camp tomorrow and break in the two new pistols. And no, she didn't clean hers when we got home and won't be cleaning it tomorrow night either probably.

Thanks to those that responded to the similar platform thread, although now it is kind of a moot point.
    Last edited by farronwolf; November 15th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Glocks rule the world! Didn't you get the e-mail?

Lead Moderator
    Letting her choose what she likes is a great move. Nothing wrong with Glocks, just different than some other pistols.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    You should have put your foot down and told her "No Glocks allowed in the house!!" Of course I'm sure the dog would share the dog house with you!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

All that matters is she found something she will (hopefully) shoot and carry. Congrats on the new pistols!

-Jeff-

VIP Member
    Watch out that Glock may grow on you. I didn't like them for quite awhile, now they are one of my favorites. Especially the G19.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

She picked the best gun out there though.

I kid, but seriously I feel the G19 is the best 9mm available. I'm sure she'll love to shoot it. Now, can you get her to carry it? Not that it's particularly hard, but some women don't like to wear a belt that is suitable for carrying a gun on.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

My wife took my Glock 19 so now I get a new one, The scary part is she is a real good shot with it.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

Oh, and I had to pay an extra 25 bucks because it had adjustable sights on it. That just doesn't seem right either. You all are not making me feel any better.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Glock...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Someday soon you will realize your wife has a much better pistol than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    They rule the universe as well! I like her style. ha! Be glad that she is so interested in firearms. I for one think that's pretty sweet. Those trips to the gun store can sure be expensive. Guess it's bread and water for awhile now right?
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Glocks are high on my list of guns to respect. My "36".

Relax, now you know that there's one good weapon in the house.

Just kidding, I think she made a great choice. She surely could have done a lot worse. She found one that was comfortable to her and she will enjoy shooting it.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    My wife loves my 19 too. Also i noticed on the left side of the glock that there is a glock sticker or something. Well geesh i guess i need to get a new one as well because i want that handy dandy sticker
    Joking aside i hope you have a strong will to hate them because everyone that i let shoot mine, ends up going out to buy one within a few months.
    Last edited by Hydrashok Glock; November 15th, 2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links