anyone have pics comparing size of PM9 and P11

This is a discussion on anyone have pics comparing size of PM9 and P11 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just cant make up my mind on a pocket carry. I wanted to see the actual size differences between the Kahr pm9 and the Keltec ...

Thread: anyone have pics comparing size of PM9 and P11

anyone have pics comparing size of PM9 and P11

Just cant make up my mind on a pocket carry. I wanted to see the actual size differences between the Kahr pm9 and the Keltec P11. If anyone has pics that shows side by side and thicknesses, it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

If you want pocket carry, I would compare the KelTec PF9 (not the P11). The P11 is a thicker double stack pistol.

The p-11 is a little too thick for me to pocket carry. If I want to carry something that big, I go with my Kahr PM45.

I agree, you are better of comparing the PF9 and PM9. If I had to buy one, I would go with the PM9.

I have both the PM9 and the PF9. The PF9 is slightly thinner and is lighter. The PM9 is shorter and has a MUCH smoother trigger pull.

ive looked at the p9. I was considering the p11 because its a true dao, and extra rounds. thats why i was asking for pics, if anyone had any pics comparing.... I thought they were both 1" wide. anyway...if anyone has pics, i would appreciate it.

Give me a minute and I will hook you up.

Sorry it took me a while. I started re-loading and got carried away.

Last edited by Danimal; November 16th, 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    ive looked at the p9. I was considering the p11 because its a true dao, and extra rounds. thats why i was asking for pics, if anyone had any pics comparing.... I thought they were both 1" wide. anyway...if anyone has pics, i would appreciate it.
    Kahr PM9 is right at .9", slide, grip, everywhere except the slide stop/breakdown pin makes it just over 1" right there.

The p11 claims 1" onsite, but that must just be slide width, as grip must be significantly more, being staggered stack.

- OS

Based on my P-11 and my rule, the P-11 is 1 inch thick in both slide and grip. The slide release adds less than .1 inch to that- so little I cannot really measure it. I don't think the PM9 counts the slide release width either. My PF-9 measures app .88 inches plus slide release- which is what Kel Tec says.

The P-11 measures 5.8 inches long and 4.4 inches high with magazine- same as PF-9 if you lay one on top of the other. If I remember right, Kel Tec sometimes says it measures 5.6 inches and sometimes 5.85, depending I guess on how they measure it, base of slide or top of grip. They also say 4.3 inches high, which it is without the magazine. I no longer have a Kahr, but I do remember that its grip felt shorter. That was why I sold it actually. I can just get two fingers on a Kel Tec: I could only get one and a half on the kahr.

With 11 rounds, the P-11 will weight just under 21 ounces to the PF9's 18 ounces with 8 rounds. I have pocket carried both. the P-11 is at THE upper range of pocket carry,. It wil work- if you use cargo pants and shorts. The PF-9, by virtue of less weight and width, carries much better in a wider variety of pants.

Hope this helps- conwic

Conwic,

You can get finger extensions for both guns. You sold the better of both guns.

Danimal.. thanx for the pics. really helps to see them side by side. perfect pics

I have a P-11 as well as a couple of P-3ATs. The P-11 is too big and heavy to really carry in a pocket unless you're willing to look like you're carrying your lunch in there.
    The reason so many people have carried the little 25 popguns over the years is because they wanted something to really carry 24/7 and not just sometimes. The inadequcy of the caliber was overlooked because it was the only thing they reasonably carry. In a summer shirt and lightweight pants there wasn't much choice.
    When Kel-Tec designed the little gun that could shoot 380 and was the size and weight of an average 25 it was one of the biggest achievements in firearms design.
    This let people go from 75 pounds of energy at the muzzle to as much as 200. The 380 is a relative cannon for a real mouse gun. The 200 is a Double Tap load from a real Kel-Tec barrel and not a test gun with a longer barrel...see their web site.
    This is the basic everyday allthetime gun. Slip it in a pocket holster and never leave without it. Most of the other so-called "pocket" guns only work in some pockets of some pants sometimes.
    As to the bigger guns by all means they have their place when you can carry with IWB holsters or other means. My favorite gun is a 45 but the little Kel-Tec is the best compromise available most times.

Try comparing the PF-9 to the Kahr. The KelTec is thinner, lighter, and less expensive. You get a lot more bang for your buck. It is also a whole lot easier with the PF-9 to place your rounds where they need to go. Bigger is NOT always better.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Links