Should I buy a set of CT laser grips?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a set of CT laser grips? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if I should buy a set of ct laser grips for my Ruger SP101 or not? I was leaning towards the LG-303 ...

I was wondering if I should buy a set of ct laser grips for my Ruger SP101 or not? I was leaning towards the LG-303 as they are rubber over molded and will help tame recoil,I've also read these are made by hogue for CT is this true?

I know a laser never replaces basic shooting skills and using ones sights,as I have these skills and use my sights(and I know they shouldn't be totally relied upon) but I think it might be good to have these in conjunction with the XS big dot night sight I had installed on my SP101. So given the above stated facts does anyone here feel its worth buying a set of these grips? And lastly for those here who have this model of laser grips. Do you feel they are as good at taming the recoil of the SP101 as well as other rubber grips,like the mono grips I have on my gun now when .357's are used?

So the laser sight would be mainly employed to what effect? Last minute deterrent to pulling the trigger? An aid to accuracy in practice? What actually makes you think you NEED the laser? Employment? I use a Tac light/Laser combo on my night time home defenders, but they are snap on rail, specific use tools.

I was figuring for fast target acquisition from say hip shooting in case I don't have time to bring the gun up to face level and focus on my sights. Is this a sound theory in your opinion ram rod?

I put laser grips on a S&W 637 for my wife...I do not want them on any of my weapons.
    Night sights are all I have ever put on my sidearms.
    I don't see a SD need for lasers...OMO.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I put laser grips on a S&W 637 for my wife...I do not want them on any of my weapons.
    Night sights are all I have ever put on my sidearms.
    I don't see a SD need for lasers...OMO.
    Plus if you have a laser on your gun and you miss. Lets say some DA uses that "you have a laser, a precision targeting device and yet you missed and hit a car window behind the intended target" or "you have a laser aiming device on your firearm which means you were looking to kill rather than deter"

any number of things can come up...some probably won't hold up but there's always a chance some liberal DA will take the case if it's a CCW situation. I know most departments don't allow LEOs to use lasers for this reason. People are generally "dumb" and would say "why did you have to kill them? You have a laser...you can shoot the gun out of their hand. Why did you fire more than 1 shot?"

crap like that...yes it happens and it sucks.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

At self defense ranges, I can put three rounds COM before most can orient that red dot. It is only a matter of practice, and I feel the use of a crutch is detrimental, unless you only have one leg.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

It's a great training aid. It won't do you any harm, assuming that you don't get used to following the red dot to see where you hit. The lasers are excellent for seeing how the gun is moving as you are pulling the trigger.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Links