my ccw permit guns

my ccw permit guns

This is a discussion on my ccw permit guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what do you guys think about my choice for my california ccw permit springfield armory xd 40 tactical 5 inch for car and home springfield ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my ccw permit guns

my ccw permit guns

what do you guys think about my choice for my california ccw permit

springfield armory xd 40 tactical 5 inch for car and home
    springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch
    smith and wesson 442 .38 +p

being that the permit list the guns you can carry and serial numbers and yes i have been approved belive it or not in orange county calif

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds good to me

I am sure Euc will applaud the XD choices, as well may others.

It is finally what works for you of course. I'd not feel in the least compromized with that fine selection!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

safety inspection

i just hope they all pass the safety inspection from the sheriffs dept i think they just chack to see if it has a 5lb trigger pull or better and that it hasnt been modified to compromise safety

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    personaly i would choose a slimmer 3" say a kahr p40 or pm40 depending on how compact i wanted , its nice to have a slim profile at times and imho double stacks feel like a comferting brick if i am trying to arm up in some dress codes as long as you'r willing to dress arround the gun a bit thoes are fine choices tho

my style of carry

if i am just going to walk around at the mall and be real busy i will probably just carry the 442 most of the time and the sub compact will be like my dress up gun if i have a suit but i plan on carrying the revolver the most. i know its a .38 but if you hit the target center of mass i think a .38+p has enough power other wise cop of the old days would not have carried them. infact my freinds dad carried a .38 with the lapd till he retierd in 1995 and even had to shoot someone

Virtualy any gun you can hit effectively with is " enough gun " we tend to subscribe to the cult of the gun enough , spend money foolishly on new hardware ect. when we should be spending it on ammo , training , and range time . ( At least that is how it works for me LOL )

they sound good to me. As long as you can shoot them well, thats all that matters. I'm partial to 1911's, but thats just me.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I'm impressed that you got the permit. You'll be like 1 in a million in OC carrying a gun. I lived there for over a year at El Toro. My wife has alot of family there also. I like that place.

Hope you don't have to use your gun, though. Way to many Anti's to deal with. If you have to go to a jury trial, they'll likely be the makeup.

BUT, I'm jealous. When I'm there, I sure do wish I had a pistol on me.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Give them a good shoot

I don't know anything about the springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch 1911s. But like any firearm you depend to protect you when push comes to shove I would give it a really good range shoot.

I have a Kimber 3" Ultra Carry and have not had any problems with it. Just to be on the safe side I ordered and installed a new recoil spring Assy. after the break in of about 800 rounds Kimber manual says it's good for 1800 but why take a chance. I also had the old spring Assy. rebuilt so now I have a range spring Assy. and a carry Assy.

Let us know how you'r guns shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner
    I don't know anything about the springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch 1911s. But like any firearm you depend to protect you when push comes to shove I would give it a really good range shoot.

I have a Kimber 3" Ultra Carry and have not had any problems with it. Just to be on the safe side I ordered and installed a new recoil spring Assy. after the break in of about 800 rounds Kimber manual says it's good for 1800 but why take a chance. I also had the old spring Assy. rebuilt so now I have a range spring Assy. and a carry Assy.

Let us know how you'r guns shoot.
    I am hoping your just kidding about the XD40 sub compact 3 inch being a 1911! Right?

That gave me chill's up my spine!

Ti.

CNC! Any reliable, concealable weapon that you like and are comfortable with will serve you well.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

You choices seem all right not what i liek but then its not me ..Glad i dotn have a limit on what i can carry or when

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I think you should be able to carry what ever you want, as long as its a 1911

Wink Close enough for Government work

Like I said I don't know anything about springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch. That said I just call it a 1911

happ its closer to a glock than any 1911 bud , lol

Wink Now the truth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links