Would you like to see Sig make a double stack(Hi-Cap) 45acp?

This is a discussion on Would you like to see Sig make a double stack(Hi-Cap) 45acp? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a wishful thinking question and it's probably been mention before. Would anyone here be interested in a double stack version of a Sig ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see Sig make a double stack(Hi-Cap) 45acp?

Would you like to see Sig make a double stack(Hi-Cap) 45acp?

This is a wishful thinking question and it's probably been mention before.
    Would anyone here be interested in a double stack version of a Sig P220?

I don't see why Sig would not make a hi-cap version of the P220. They had to redesign the P245 to shorten it up(I know the slide was resigned/remachined, they can get way with using the existing frame and just trim a little off). I think Sig could get 12-14 rds in the new version.
    Yes, I'm biased on this subject because I love "HiCap" guns but "Shot Placement" is always #1. I'm also biased because wide grip guns(double stack) feel better in my hand(that's strange even to me because I have small hands and stand only 5'3-4" tall). I think it would sell just because I believe the USA crowd appeals to the "bigger & more" factor/package and I think Sig can make history again by squeezing in a 'HiCap" 45acp model(P220 or something else) before Congress makes another HiCap restriction on US(tax payin/law abiding citizens).

Does anyone think there is a market(USA & worldwide) for the "HiCap/double stack" P220?

Would any of you existing P220 owners buy the 'Hi-Cap/double stack" version?

What kind of sales projection(#'s sold) do you think Sig want before even considering to make a "Limited" run?
    What would happen if handgun enthusiast(club members, forum members & etc.) from all over the world to sign a petition to show interest in a "HiCap/double stack" 45acp made by Sig(everyone who would want it send Sig an e-mail, that would get their attention)?
    Anyone think this could work? We have to start somewhere, we could get another piece of history(I believe a ban is coming back)!
    Last edited by 1man; January 8th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

2. Remove Ads

Yeah id be intersted espically if they could figure out how to make the controls usable to Leftys

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Really I wouldnt be excited about it . If I were still working LE it would be a different story oO( make a damm fine duty gun) . Nowdays tho if it isnt pretty slender I just cant muster up the old " gottahaves" lol

Assistant Administrator
    I would go for it - oh yes. I am impressed with the Glock (always forget model numbers) - that manages to stack an amazing 13 or is 15 - forget!

I happen fortunately to like wide grips and so my 226 is great - I'd go get a double stack 220 in a heartbeat should it be ever made. I could then have something like my 226 capacity, but with .45acp. Yum
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Glock 21 stacks 13 +1

Assistant Administrator
    Thx Bud - never ask me about Glocks except for 17, 18 and 19 LOL. Out of those an 18 will be just dandy
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

i hear ya 18 would be a riot to have

I actually would like to see a double stack P245, but the grip would prolly be the size of a grapefruit. MAYBE a Sig GSR in a double stack and in Commander length? Like a P13 LDA ParaOrd? With the DAK action?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Absolutely. I'll own a Sig one day in the next 5 years. I'd love to see a double stacked .45.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I actually would like to see a double stack P245, but the grip would prolly be the size of a grapefruit. MAYBE a Sig GSR in a double stack and in Commander length? Like a P13 LDA ParaOrd? With the DAK action?
    I'm not a big fan of DAO, DAK or LEM triggers(I guess I'm a young dog w/ old school ways that don't want to learn ALL new school tricks). But I'd love to see the double stack P245 more than the P220(I'll get both if/when they ever come on the market). I would doubt the grip be the size of a grapefruit considering my Para P12 & P13 Limited grips aren't to much bigger than grip of a 245 or 220!
    Train how you Fight

Quote Originally Posted by 1man
    I'm not a big fan of DAO, DAK or LEM triggers(I guess I'm a young dog w/ old school ways that don't want to learn ALL new school tricks). But I'd love to see the double stack P245 more than the P220(I'll get both if/when they ever come on the market). I would doubt the grip be the size of a grapefruit considering my Para P12 & P13 Limited grips aren't to much bigger than grip of a 245 or 220!
    I love my P245...but I'm gettin' real used to my new H&K USP fullsize 45! That's 12rds of 45 and my Galco "Concealable" is an extremely comfortable holster. However, it's been real COLD (40!) here in Miami so my big leather jacket makes it disappear. Have to see how it goes when the temps warm up some in a few days.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

However, it's been real COLD (40!) here

Thats shorts and Tshirt Weather

I love my P245...but I'm gettin' real used to my new H&K USP fullsize 45! That's 12rds of 45 and my Galco "Concealable" is an extremely comfortable holster. However, it's been real COLD (40!) here in Miami so my big leather jacket makes it disappear. Have to see how it goes when the temps warm up some in a few days.
    I know what you mean, I have 2 USP45 Tacticals and thinking about getting the USP compact in 45(I have a compact 357Sig). I figure if Sig will only make the "HiCap" 245 if they see the "HiCap" 220 #'s high enough(but then all they would have to do is shave down the frame, shorten the mag and still use the existing 245 slide, done deal).

I wonder if we put it out to Sig in a real simple form like this would they consider it(because all they would have to do is redesign the frame for a wider mag).
    Train how you Fight

I had a P220ST that was one of the most accurate guns I ever owned but man it was heavy. To carry only 8+1 and be that heavy, I can just imagine what a double stack P220ST would weigh. Can you say muscle strain.
    Now a P245 double might peak my interest. I had a P245 but traded it on my Wilson CQB which 8+1 and not near as heavy as my P220ST was.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Senior Moderator
    I own four Sigs...and the 220 is my duty gun.

If SIG would get off of their butts and make a double stack, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, qualify with it even faster and tote that for the duty gun.

Why in the heck they havent done that yet is beyond me.
    And while we are it...I'd buy a double stack 10MM also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links