Think I'm getting a Sig 226 - Page 3

Think I'm getting a Sig 226

This is a discussion on Think I'm getting a Sig 226 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; But would it have fired a second shot the first was all ready chambered so that dont count .. There have been other guns shot ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think I'm getting a Sig 226

But would it have fired a second shot the first was all ready chambered so that dont count .. There have been other guns shot in the slide that went off for first one but not second

I spent an afternoon with the Sig 226 and 229 at Sigarms Academy during my handgun orientation class. I put about 200-250 rounds through each one. I walked away very impressed with the feel, accuracy, and general quality of both guns. After having fired quite a few different models since then, I will say honestly that the Sig 226 is high on my list of "guns to get" in the coming year. I couldn't afford to snatch one up when I bought my XD or I certainly would have. IMO I feel the Sig line is one of the nicest handguns on the market at that price point.

If you can get it for the price you mentioned, I would run, not walk, and do it now!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    I spent an afternoon with the Sig 226 and 229 at Sigarms Academy during my handgun orientation class. I put about 200-250 rounds through each one. I walked away very impressed with the feel, accuracy, and general quality of both guns. After having fired quite a few different models since then, I will say honestly that the Sig 226 is high on my list of "guns to get" in the coming year. I couldn't afford to snatch one up when I bought my XD or I certainly would have. IMO I feel the Sig line is one of the nicest handguns on the market at that price point.

If you can get it for the price you mentioned, I would run, not walk, and do it now!
    OMG GDDY!! We live in the same town!! NOW..........how's THAT for a starting point LOL.......
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Well did ya pick it up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Well did ya pick it up ?

Ok here goes............Went to the store............plopped down the Glock 19... and took the Sig 226............I want to say THANKS to all of you for the great input on the thread..
    Ok here's how it broke down........... the Sig 450.00 with 2 xtra Hi caps..
    The Glock in trade for 360.00
    The discount about 60 bucks for me..
    Total cash out of pocket for me was 30 bucks!! (nice that i work at the Store huh)
    Ok.......Fit and finish is supurb as you can see in the pics.........
    The gun is EXTREMLY TIGHT..........and very clean inside..
    Rains are just showing a little wear on the anodizing.. this gun is clean! Herndon Va stamped, so it's an earlier gun..........W Germany marked on the slide with no exeter Nh markings.. What's a bit odd, is there are german markings on the front of the slide.. just under the recoild spring .slide housing.. very strange, as i've not seen this before on other Sigs
    There is a bit of gritty material on the front of the grip frame..........i was gonna tear it off......BUT after fooling with it..............the gritty stuff REALLY feels good in the hands...........something to look into for a quick fix to the checkering/ knerling for custom work ..this stuff held my hand in place and it never moved..
    here's the pix.......and tell me with ya think..
    I'm kinda doin a dance, just like this banana

<opps.....sorry Bruce.. don't wanna get ya wet between the ears JK)
    Chris?? I also have a set of CTs put aside for this.....$120.00 not including the discount
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Class,

Congrats man!!!

Awesome find!!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Congrat good looking gun

Way to go on the purchase!

One of my 226's is Exeter NH marked while the other is Herndon Va.

Nice to hear you liked the grip tape on the front of the frame. I might do that to mine as both have wear on the anodizing on the front strap ridges.

BTW- Was this a Sig CPO(certified pre-owned) or just a regular trade in? Just curious.

Lead Moderator
    Congrats on the 226, I'm sure you'll love it!

One of my 226's is Exeter NH marked while the other is Herndon Va
    That's because before SIG USA moved to Exeter they had their HQ's in Herndon.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Congrats on the 226, I'm sure you'll love it!

That's because before SIG USA moved to Exeter they had their HQ's in Herndon.
    Yep kinda new that just commenting on what I have.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    ...Chris?? I also have a set of CTs put aside for this.....$120.00 not including the discount...
    How does one get a set of CT's for $120? I want a set!

And oh yeah, CONGRATS! you got a great gun. How could I have forgotten that?

Congrats! I seem to be developing a serious LUST for the new Sig P239 SAS model in .40 w/DAK action. It's going to be a bit pricey I think.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OD
    SAY IT AIN"T SO, TANGLE!

Everybody and their brother knows a slide has to be so tight it takes two men and a Girl Scout troop to just to rack it!
    LOL! Ain't it the truth!

The Sig loose slide to frame fit is strange. My older and newer Sig 226's both have a loose slide to frame fit. I can't say for the older one since I bought it used, but the newer one started out tight. As I mentioned previously, it only took about 500 rounds to get to the rattle point.

The strange thing is, when you remove the slide and visually inspect the frame and slide, you'd expect to see wear, esp. on the alloy frame rails -- but there isn't any appreciable wear??? The black finish is still in tact which one would think if the rails were wearing enough to rattle, the finish would be worn off.

I talked to Sig and they couldn't really give me a satisfactory answer as to why and how this is happening.
    Last edited by Tangle; January 10th, 2006 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    How does one get a set of CT's for $120? I want a set!

And oh yeah, CONGRATS! you got a great gun. How could I have forgotten that?
    I'll check to see if we have any more of those CTs for you... Some dealers come into the store, and trade off things for stuff, and merch credits..

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Congrats! I seem to be developing a serious LUST for the new Sig P239 SAS model in .40 w/DAK action. It's going to be a bit pricey I think.
    I DO believe we have a SAS 239 in 40 DAK in the used cases...........LIKE BRAND NEW with all accys and box.. I looked at it, and it appears to be unfired..
    I'll check tonight, and send you a Gun code # with the price of it.........As I remember, I think it was about 700.00..............they sell new for almost 900.00

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links