Think I'm getting a Sig 226

Think I'm getting a Sig 226

This is a discussion on Think I'm getting a Sig 226 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well...........while at the Store today.........I was fondling some Sigs........... A couple of 226s stood out from the crowd... Henderson Va guns........W German manufacture.. both in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think I'm getting a Sig 226

UPDATE! Think I'm getting a Sig 226

Well...........while at the Store today.........I was fondling some Sigs...........
    A couple of 226s stood out from the crowd... Henderson Va guns........W German manufacture.. both in about 90% finish..both with 2 extra 15 rnd hi cap mags........one with dead night sights.. the other with single dot sights (standard Sig type) for the price of 450.00 (mind you now.. I get an extra discount for working there) The guns may ens up as a final price of around 375.00 each.
    Now......the deal is............Trade my Glock 19 with night sighs..........2 hi caps.. 2nd Gen gun...for about 350.00 toward the Sig 226 pkg...
    Soooooooooooo whatda think?
    Good bad or indifferent...........ALL input is good for all of us.. as it places two great handguns side by side for evaluation by all of us..and our own feelings about the two differnt manufacturers products..and food for thought for people contemplating a future purchase as well
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; January 10th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Luckly Dog . Sounds like a good deal to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Luckly Dog . Sounds like a good deal to me
    not lucky...........just thinkin about what the better gun is.. hopefully.........it will generate some good discussion about the attributes of each gun...........and YOU should try working at the store LOl.............VERY difficult to say the least............with about 1000 handguns gleefully singing "take me" LOL

Would be nice at least id have a better selection.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Well...........while at the Store today.........I was foldeling some Sigs...........
    A couple of 226s stood out from the crowd... Henderson Va guns........W German manufacture.. both in about 90% finish..both with 2 extra 15 rnd hi cap mags........one with dead night sights.. the other with single dot sights (standard Sig type) for the price of 450.00 (mind you now.. I get an extra discount for working there) The guns may ens up as a final price of around 375.00 each.
    Now......the deal is............Trade my Glock 19 with night sighs..........2 hi caps.. 2nd Gen gun...for about 350.00 toward the Sig 226 pkg...
    Soooooooooooo whatda think?
    Good bad or indifferent...........ALL input is good for all of us.. as it places two great handguns side by side for evaluation by all of us..and our own feelings about the two differnt manufaturers products..and food for thought for people contemplating a future purchase as well
    GET IT and run before someone else walk away with it. I had a SIG 226 in 40S&W(w/ 357Sig barrel) but I sold it to a military buddy. Didn't really need it because I picked up a P229 combo(40 & 357), running out of room in the safe. Also have a P226Navy model in 9mm(still haven't shot it, yet)!
    Night sights are a quick fix! You can always pick up another Glock and all the accessories cheaper than the Sig.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

1man........THANKS for your good input VERY VALID points indeed! ....Sigs don't move that fast around my area...........the 229s move quicker........Maybe we can get some input from all you Sig Gurus out there
    Ok......Sig Armorers.........Question...............
    Why would a Sig 226 be loose in the rails? Do they losten up from wear? how much is bad? can they be tightend up? and what's the procedure?

Lead Moderator
    Grab it and run!

I've got a 226 in 9mm and would put it up against anything out there. It seems that most folks who play with them end up loving them.

1Man, take that Navy out and shoot it!!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - ''git-r-done''

Well you know my response - doncha!?? I assume if 15 round mags we are talkin the 9mm - but yeah - I would rate that over the G19 tho that is in itself, as others said, emminently replaceable.

Go on - do it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just saw the ''looose in rails'' mention Bob - well - ya gotta go see the Doc about that . Seriously - I could only think major looseness due to HUGE thruput of ammo and am not SIG armorer - I suspect tho a very slight (very few thou') cross tensioning of slide would probably add a huge extra mileage. Only guessing!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

yup.........one is loose........the other is tight..........wondering if it's common with that model..........or just a freak thing..........
    But.....what are the attributes of each? Pros.............Cons............
    any test results? torture test results.........reports on both/ neither? I'm attempting to make a decision, based on all imput.........and also help others who may be pondering the purchase of either one... LOL...........I guess I'm making it tough here

Senior Moderator
    Any time you can dump a Glock for a Sig you are doing the right thing...

Assistant Administrator
    ''Attributes of each''?? You mean comparing the two? or something else?

I would favor the tighter gun I guess - assuming it was less beat up. I have not yet seen a real loose 226 but that means zilch - as I have not been into SIG's long enough.

Not so easy to say from here Bob - I wish I could see and handle both!
    Chris - P95

Chris...........what I meant was...........good points of each weapon.............how people carry them, and how do they feel on your person..............IWB holsters? Hi ride? finish wear? these things we all take into consideration when we make a purchase..I'm also leaning toward the CT grips as well......(we have a couple used sets)
    range reports form Ya'll......

Assistant Administrator
    Each weapon - well - still being a bit thick here - you mean 226 vs the G19? Sorry if I am being dim!

I as you know I think, I carry large and heavy - the 226ST is even heavier than the std one - it does not bother me at all. I do not IWB so cannot comment - but maybe you saw a pic of my 226 in a defender OWB - it sits real snug.

I will choose relatively hi-ride usually - and of course wear on the ST ain't an issue really. Mind you - sweat does affect the levers and sight blocks if I am not careful.

CT's to add - well, say no more - great combination IMo - again you have probably seen the pic of my ST with those.

Not sure I'm being very helpful --
    Chris - P95

yup........exactly Chris...........the Glock 19 Vs the Sig 226............both with either the Rails or no rails........(Meaning newer or older models)

VIP Member
    G19 is lighter
    P226 has more capacity
    G19 shoots well for me
    P226 shoots better than I can
    G19 conceals fine and I can carry it in my pants pocket
    P226 only carried in an OWB rig
    G19 should tolerate a lack of cleaning better than the Sig. To be fair I have not had a problem with any of my P22X series and cleaning. Now the GSR 1911 clone failed to feed 20% of the rounds when it was very dirty.

No gun related failures on either for me. Did have a G19 mag split over time though.

I like them both but would carry them in different situations based on each one's concealability or lack there of.

If I could have only one I would have the G19. For me I can carry it almost all the time. For the size and weight of a 9mm it wins over the Sig. For flat out like it in my hand and a pleasure to shoot a lot, the Sig wins.

Without seeing it and handliing it I would be hard pressed to offer anything on loose rails. All of my Sig P22X series pistols (6 total) are tight.

So for a target shooter I would go P226, for a CCW gun I would go G19.

My .02

-Scott-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links