NAA Gaurdian 380 owners please chime in..

This is a discussion on NAA Gaurdian 380 owners please chime in.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made up my mind to go buy a KT p3at. I want a very small 380. Well, the store had already sold the 2 ...

I made up my mind to go buy a KT p3at. I want a very small 380. Well, the store had already sold the 2 they had since I called the day before. Who knows when I can get my hands on a LCP. Anyway, I started looking at the Gaurdian 380. Even though its heavy for the size, I put it in my pocket and dont think that would bother me with a holster to distribute the weight. I just want to know the what owners of this little gun have to say about it.
    1: reliability ) ever have problems with FTF or FTE.
    Any other reliability problems.
    2: Recoil) I would think the weight of the gun would help, but wanted first hand knowledge.

This little guns visually looks top notch. No comparison to the cheap looking keltec. The

Would you recommend this gun?
    Oh, please dont recommend jframes or any other guns or "for the same price you could have X"... I just want to know about the Gaurdian... thanks again
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I HAD one of these. They do look very nice, and they do have a good weight to them also. The one thing that had me sell this pistol so quick was the trigger. I would seriously look at this aspect alone before your purchase. I could not get a double tap off if I had tried. The pull is 11 pounds. The take down to field strip is a little awkward also. Definitely take more of a look, and not just how it fits in a pocket, or looks. Best of luck with your choice.

EDIT: The gun is VERY snappy on the recoil also..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I've carryied a Guardian .380 for a few years now and find the weight comforting for some reason. Its well made and has never failed to feed or fire. The recoil is a bit sharp with +p ammo but I expected that. The trigger pull is high but not that big of a deal, its not a target pistol. I like my Guardian and wouldn't trade it for any of the plastic pocket pistols.

cars

I was hoping to hear alot of good things about this gun. I know the trigger is stiff, but since this is a up close and personal gun, I dont expect to be able to 25 yard tack driver. Have any of you had certain HP's that just wil not feed?
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I've tried a lot of different ammo and it feeds and fires everything I've put through it. I finally chose the buffalo bore. Its a little expensive but there are some things you shouldn't skimp on.

cars

CDH
    Like others here, I found the trigger pull to be uncomfortably heavy, and for a pocket pistol, it was just too much weight.
    While you say that you think a holster would distribute the weight to where you wouldn't mind it, we are talking about a "pocket" pistol, right?
    If you want to wear it in an IWB holster, then weight, for the Guardian, isn't an issue. But as a pocket pistol, with or without a pocket holster, it's still too heavy.

There are several other better options (that you said you don't want to hear about), so I'll let it go at that.

I'll only add (because you brought it up) that Ruger is said to be shipping the new "371" serial number models next week, the first week in December.
    If that was one of your options, it might be worth waiting a little bit.

I wear mine every day in a owb holster. It goes bang everytime and the weight is not an issue. I like to know it's there. It's basically my everyday carry in the summer, and sometimes winter. Mine groups in about 8 inches at 21ft. And at 10ft it's about 3 or 4 inches. The trigger will smooth out nice after 300 rounds or so. For me, it's a great solid gun.
    It's well made, holds it value, and works everytime.
    I wouldn't trade it and am very happy with it.
    Freemason 1988
    Colt 1911
    Browning
    Springfield
    North American Arms
    N.R.A.

I bought one for the wife and ended up selling it because she literally could not pull the trigger, not once, seriously. I shot it some but didn't really care for the gun.

I have numerous other bugs and right now my favorite is the LCP.

DS
    Believe NONE of what you hear; HALF of what you see and ALL you believe

Accuracy is king,penatration is queen but why not jack'em in the process if you can.

I have a NAA 380 Guardian, here. It's still going through the break-in process. At ~250 rds, so far, it is still fairly stiff and rough on the hands. I've taken a medium polishing compound and run it through a few thousand cycles of the action, to knock down the roughness in the action. It's now cycling extremely smoothly, by comparison to brand new.

So far, it has been reliable and consistent. It does fail to eject cleanly, on occasion, but that problem is becoming less common as it breaks in. Those situations are very simple and quick to clear, though.

Have tried numerous JHP and FMJ ammo. All seem to feed equally well, and it's improving over time. Haven't found the perfect rounds for it, yet.

It is one of the few pistols that can sit unobtrusively on the hip and disappear in the pocket. While not quite as small as the Kel-Tec P3AT, and certainly thicker and heavier, it's all-metal and appears to be well-built.

It could benefit by a reliability/action/trigger job, as can most new pistols. Haven't done this yet.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links