Bersa Thunder 9mm UC Upgrade

This is a discussion on Bersa Thunder 9mm UC Upgrade within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As you may know by now, I am looking to buy a BT9UC. They have one at my local shop and my fingers were itchy. ...

Thread: Bersa Thunder 9mm UC Upgrade

Bersa Thunder 9mm UC Upgrade

As you may know by now, I am looking to buy a BT9UC. They have one at my local shop and my fingers were itchy. I glad that I did not buy it yet.

I did some research today and called the Bersa distributor in New Jersey. Apparently, the BT9UC is being replaced by an upgraded model called the Bersa Thunder PRO 9mm UC.

The new "PRO" model has the upgraded polygonal(?) rifleing, picanny(?) rails for accessories, and something called a full mag indicator. That is what she told me. You tech heads may be able to shed some light on the above.

I hope this info helps for those looking to buy the BT9UC

2. Remove Ads

So are gun stores going to sell the BT9UC for less? I don't need a rail or an indicator or the rest. If you can't understand what most of it is you probably don't need it.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I don't blame you for wanting the Bersa Thunder 9, I want one too!

I'm going to have to wait a while for my next gun purchase anyway, so I'll keep my eye out for this new pro when I make my decision of what to get...
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Is this it?
    If so, there is a lot of talk on bersatalk about the new model. Try there, they have a ton of Bersa info. Thats where I got the nudge needed to purchase my 2 bersa thunders.
    Attached Images
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I cannot tell by the picture. A guy on :: Bersa Talk :: has pics of his new 9mm and it shows a different rail and does show a chambered round indicator. He also stated that the rifiling is different. Here is the site:

:: Bersa Talk :: - Ordered a Bersa Thunder 9 UC and received...

I just know after seeing his pics that the one I saw in the store was not a PRO.

I just picked one up. It also has the grooves on the grip. The gun shoots great. I really like it. It has very little recoil. A lot less then most guns and it is easy to aim due to the great grip angel.

I was in the gun shop yesterday and what pushed me away from Bersa (temperarily at least while I think on this) is the "integral locking system' on the trigger. Sorry but I hate anything interferring with ME making decisions and being able to ACT NOW. My guns are either ready to rock and roll OR safe in the safe. And having a mechanism that can fail when I most need the weapon seems dumb.

Problem....Help me! Help me!

Okay, here is the problem. Buy the older version of the 9UC which there is one in town begging me to take it home or wait until the newer model start to show up regularily?

Currently, you cannot find a Bersa 9UC anywhere. If you know someone that has one available please let me know. I have a FFL standing by to receive.

Hmmm...big decision. Is the new rifiling, rails, and chambered mag indicator worth the wait. Will I be happy with it knowing that the Pro model is coming even though nobody knows when and if the prices will go up.

The only problem with buying the new version is there is no proven track record. i always shy away from buying new models of guns. I broke down and purchased a first run of the M&P. It had mag problems and some rust. The new LCP from ruger has had a few speed bumps as well. you just never can tell. Bersa is a great company and makes a great gun(I have 2 thunders). Also, finding a holster, parts and mags may be an issue with new models. As far as internal locks go, I have never had a problem. My 2 Bersas have them, my S&W j-frame has one as well, I have never ever used them, they don't get in the way, they don't fail if you ignore them, and I see no issue with having them. Personally If you are using the gun for ccw, I dont see how a rail would be a help?
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Thanks for the reassurance. I just called the guy and told him to hold one for me. I will pick it up later this afternoon.

I just wanted reassurance that I was thinking straight.

Thanks again,

An Update

Quote Originally Posted by NavDoc View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance. I just called the guy and told him to hold one for me. I will pick it up later this afternoon.

I just wanted reassurance that I was thinking straight.

Thanks again,
    I just got home with my new baby. Cannot wait until I take it to the range. Thanks to all for their advice.

Links