OK.......ONE More P22

OK.......ONE More P22

This is a discussion on OK.......ONE More P22 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep Picked this up at the same time as the Sig 226.........Basically for my Son to shoot. He was bugging me for a Sig Mosquito, ...

Thread: OK.......ONE More P22

OK.......ONE More P22

Yep
    Picked this up at the same time as the Sig 226.........Basically for my Son to shoot. He was bugging me for a Sig Mosquito, but due to the minor problems they seem to be having, we opted to get this Walther P22. The gun came ANIB(as new in box) with all papers and accys. Mags are the "A" suffex so that means the mag problems have been rectified.. Looks great and I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
    Bought it for 175.00 at the Store..I had a all blue one, and then a duo tone OD Green/blue on hold, but this slide in, and we scooped it up.. Range report to follow, along with the Sig, Kimber CDP, Ruger, and a couple others I haven't been able to shoot yet..
    Attached Images
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Assistant Administrator
    You're gonna be busy Bob - shooting, and - all them range reports!!

Well - does seem Mosquito has a poor rep but - had not heard an awful lot of good on the P22 - that could be tho to do with mag issues which you mentioned.

Sure hope it runs well anyways - because if it does, then you have one real nice compact .22 platform. Funnily enough - my ''garbage'' HP-22 is a real good plinker - almost 100% reliable and I can empty a mag from that at almost FA speed
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

i hope it runs for you .. What i read is that it is really picky and soemtime hard to get running right

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have a P22 - Fun as Heck to shoot!

Use ONLY high velocity .22s like CCI

Do not expect match pistol type accuracy.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have one. It's an excellent training pistol for youth. No kick and it has all the features of a full size auto pistol.

I have the kit with both the 3" and 5" barrels. The longer barrel is far more accurate.

Mine is also picky about about what type of ammo but part of that may not be the gun, but rather some of the bulk pack ammo that can have sporadic quality.

The biggest problem you're likely to have is that the gun will malfunction when it gets dirty. How dirty I can't say, but if you sit there and burn through 2-300 rounds mine will start to jam.

Still, I enjoy mine alot. I bought a mount and put a cheap red dot on it and it's fun. I bought mine on a whim and don't see any purpose at all other than to orient a young person to shooting a handgun. It's not the most accurate although with the longer barrel and eli competition rounds it's decent.

Have lot's of fun!!

I have about 4000 rounds through mine with only a couple of hiccups. A total blast to shoot. The problems were with the first run of the P22s and they have fixed those problems!!

Hi Class3NH,

I picked up a P22 several years ago. Initially, it showed some problems, the biggest being that the pin near the safety was working out, jamming the safety. I sent it back to S&W, where they made it right and sent me an extra magazine for my trouble. It has run just fine from that ppoint.
    Everyone wants to shoot it. Since it's aWalther, my wife calls it her James Bond gun. It has an oddly appealing look.
    We left the original grip configuration alone. Oddly enough, it fits both my wife's tiny hands and my huge hands. She claimed it as her pistol and shoots it 90% of the time at the range.
    It has been a great trainer, particularly for breaking in new shooters. We shoot almost eclusively Remington bulk pack through it with no problems what so ever.
    Several months ago, we took a new couple out and the girl had several jams in a row. After watching her shoot more closely, it appeared that she was limp wristing. She adjusted her grip and it ran just fine for her. She was so excited, she asked her boyfriend to buy one for her.
    I hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as we have from ours.

Be Well,

Scarface
    Scarface
    Good night, Chesty, wherever you are
    http://www.anklepocket.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    I have about 4000 rounds through mine with only a couple of hiccups. A total blast to shoot. The problems were with the first run of the P22s and they have fixed those problems!!
    Thanks Kevin and Scarface for your input.
    The current P2 Ii have is a newer version, with the A suffex mags..
    CCI, Rem yellow jackets, and Rem standard rounds just don't do the trick.. Double feeds, FTF, FTE/extract........chamber's VERY tight on the gun as well........Point of reference here.
    Since last Monday (when I bought it) there have been 4 more P22s come in, (I work at one of the largest Sporting Goods/ Gunshops, on the East Coast) all like new, with boxes/ accys etc. That's telling me something about some current issues the Customers are having with the little guns.
    I do know, the GERMAN Walther P22s....(Early guns) were MUCH better (a frined of mine has one) and he shoots his all the time with no hiccups at all......
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

WEll all i can say is thats the best price for one of thouse ive ever seen! Here in oregon you cant find one for cheaper than 299.99
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Links