New Glock Frame - Page 2

New Glock Frame

This is a discussion on New Glock Frame within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HotGuns, I was anti Glock for a long time. I was issued one on an assignment in 2003 and love their perfect simplicity. To me ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Glock Frame

Senior Moderator
    HotGuns, I was anti Glock for a long time. I was issued one on an assignment in 2003 and love their perfect simplicity. To me they are perfect, my G30 sees alot more carry time than my $1000+ dollar 1911. I never said anything about EVERYONE, did I?
    I'm not anti Glock. Currently in my safe sit 2 -21's and a 17 and 19.

If they are perfect to you, that is all that matters.
    Here's a fact though.

When taking classes of 40-50 students to the gun range to qualify them for their CHL's we usually have several "loaner" pistols of various makes and brands that are brought by the Instructors so that anyone that wants to shoot a gun after the class is over may do so.

We do this so that interested people can actually pickup, manipulate and shoot if they want to different guns that they may have heard about or read about somewhere.

Now this is where is gets interesting. The Glocks will be usually be the first pistols to get picked up and shot...because that is what everyone hears about or sees alot on TV. They will shoot them and think that they are just sooo cool. Then, they'll try something else.

Once they try an XD, the comments are always the same. "It feels so much better in the hand than the Glock" pretty much sums it up.

Once they shoot the XD, the pretty much forget the Glock, and the Glocks get lonely after that.

Now, I fully realize that this will make many hard core Glock owners uncomfortable with this fact, but it is what it is.

In truth though, it doesn't matter. If you love your Glock and are proficient with it, more power to ya. You'll be the one that has to depend on it to save your life, so it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

This new style lower is trying to capture the segment of the market that has picked up a Glock at one time or another and put it back down in hopes of finding something that suits them better. Some people that are Glock lovers will want to try the lower just because as humans being we are always in the search for something better.If you happen to have small hands, this lower may be the difference between owning a Glock or not owning one.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    You must love the H&K USP's grip, then.
    I do have a USP in .45.
    I like it.
    I like my several Sigs better though.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Call me another person who thinks GLOCK handguns are lacking in the area of human ergonomics. For me anyway.
    Add an "im" in front of "perfection" as far as I'm concerned.
    That being said they are ultra reliable and incredibly functionally perfect handguns that just don't happen to agree with my hand.
    So I would consider an aftermarket frame that was more ergonomically suited to my hand as long as reliability was not compromised.

I personally think the standard 1911 grip is ideal (for me) but it wouldn't bother me at all if another shooter needed (or wanted) a 1911 with fatter grips and a "palm swell" and finger grooves and a squared off trigger guard....or an arched mainspring housing or an extra short trigger.

Go with whatever fits your hand and points naturally to you.
    If it doesn't fit or feel right then either "make it fit" or choose a different handgun.
    I am "all for" anybody modifying any handgun in order to better tailor it to their personal preference.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Well i am about as big of a glock lover as you can get. With that said i like the erganomics of the firearm but could use some tightening up. I respectfully disagree by saying that. Being a person who as ordered a custom glock, Bowie tactical concepts, i absolutly love the feel of my 19 but love the feel of the bowie even more. I am all for improvment with a firearm if at all possible. I mean comeon guys your going to tell my that if Glock figured out a way to fit 2 extra rounds in a 19 mag that you wouldnt be gratefull?
    Yes, i do have a 19 and yes i do have some modifications on the firearm as well. To start i have steel sights on it. You might say why, dont the Glock stock work? yes they do but i popped them out on a clearance drill. I know many people who have popped the sights aswell. Simple fix. Next stainless guide rod. Alot of people might flame me and say that is stupid but i tell you to test it. With the stock guiderod after a few thousand rounds the guiderod gets weak and warps. I got the new guide rod cut to old and rolled it on a flat surface and it was as lop sided as John Kerry. I put in the new guide rod and the differance in force comming forward from releasing the slide is much more tremendous because the guide rod doesnt flex allowing the spring to absorb all of the shock.
    I personally believe the glock is the greatest handgun out ther but there is always room for improvment.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Others, like myself, thought that they had the ergonomics of a 2x4.
    Same, here. I was marginally able to handle the original G19 comfortably, but every Glock since then has simply been too large to feel ergonomic and suited to my hand. A far cry from a Kahr K9, CZ 75 and a few.

So, anything that reduce the 2x4 feel of the Glock frame would be a good thing, assuming that quality and reliability could be maintained. If nothing else, they'll get the shape right and Glock will see the wisdom to adjust for the next gen.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Looks like a 1911 grip angle and replaceable back straps...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Now if they could just make a trigger I like...
    (not anti-Glock, just have other preferences, before it gets ugly)
    What Would Gumby Do?

I have a G21 that was customised by Robar and it is one hell of a carry gun. Thatbeing said I also have 3 other glocks and have absolutely no problem with the ergonomics of any of them custom or stock. After all a Glock is a Glock it works hot cold dirty or clean.
    Glock has the major share of law enforcement business but is seeing Smith M&Ps and Springfield XDs begin to get some of that business and the civilian market. Changes are inevitable.

I DID have an XD subcompact in .40 and sold it to buy a Glock 30. I found the grip had me pointing high and I had to adjust my hold. Doing two by twos on four targets, I was always high and had to really slow down and adjust grip. It also felt very chunky.
    The glock grip just feels natural and points right on. 'course I'm partial to .45. To each their own.

Joe

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I do have a USP in .45.
    I like it.
    That's interesting! Not gonna lie, I haven't heard anyone actually liking the USP's grip before (for myself, I really did liken it to a 2x4). To each their own, then.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

No thanks...

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I've got a 17 (first or second generation of that model, no rail or finger grooves), a 19 (first Gen of that one I think, again no rail or grooves) and a 26 (one of the first in our State). All are fine how they are IMHO, wouldn't mind the rail though....
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Stock Glock for me, fit's just fine
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Here's a flyer on the new 4th Gen coming
    Attached Images

Administrator
    What? GLOCK changed the grip on the 4th Gen?
    But, but, but I thought it was already GLOCK perfection?
    Oh...OK...now it's Glock "More Perfect" than just already Perfect.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I currently have three third generation Glocks... all stock... and I will not change that. The next thing I would like to see from Glock is a single stack magazine.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links