Back in 2001 I had gotten a reserve position on the local sheriffs department and bought a Glock 19 as my carry weapon. That job did not last long due to an injury and at the time my state did not have any type of ccw, I kept the gun around until around 2004 when I sold it (kicks self in ***** now) and have not owned a weapon since unless you count the Hi Point I bought (posted here about awhile back ago) and have since sold FOR A PROFIT.
I am getting my CHL, class taken, just a matter of waiting for the money to get the weapon (tax time is about when). I have been looking at the XD 9mm SC, the MP 9 compact adn the Glock 26. I went to the shop yesterday and handeled the XD and the Glock again, I have been going there off and on and playing around with the demos for a bit trying to see what I like best. Although the XD feels good and comes with the grip extension, I like the lighter weight of the 26 plus the trigger pull, maybe it is because I am somewhat familar with the Glock platform that I keep going back that direction.
So my questions for you guys are this:
1. Does the Glocks still come in tupperware or do they come in a real case now?
2. What comes in the box of the G26?
3. Would the 26 be as friendly to me as my 19 was? I babied that thing and loved it to death.
4. Is the G26 worth the extra money over the other 2 models I have looked at (xd:429.00 out the door, MP9c: 459.99 out the door, G26: 499.99 out the door ON SALE.
5. Are there good IWB holsters avaliable?