Shopping again

Shopping again

This is a discussion on Shopping again within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back in 2001 I had gotten a reserve position on the local sheriffs department and bought a Glock 19 as my carry weapon. That job ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping again

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Shopping again

Back in 2001 I had gotten a reserve position on the local sheriffs department and bought a Glock 19 as my carry weapon. That job did not last long due to an injury and at the time my state did not have any type of ccw, I kept the gun around until around 2004 when I sold it (kicks self in ***** now) and have not owned a weapon since unless you count the Hi Point I bought (posted here about awhile back ago) and have since sold FOR A PROFIT.

I am getting my CHL, class taken, just a matter of waiting for the money to get the weapon (tax time is about when). I have been looking at the XD 9mm SC, the MP 9 compact adn the Glock 26. I went to the shop yesterday and handeled the XD and the Glock again, I have been going there off and on and playing around with the demos for a bit trying to see what I like best. Although the XD feels good and comes with the grip extension, I like the lighter weight of the 26 plus the trigger pull, maybe it is because I am somewhat familar with the Glock platform that I keep going back that direction.

So my questions for you guys are this:

1. Does the Glocks still come in tupperware or do they come in a real case now?

2. What comes in the box of the G26?
    3. Would the 26 be as friendly to me as my 19 was? I babied that thing and loved it to death.

4. Is the G26 worth the extra money over the other 2 models I have looked at (xd:429.00 out the door, MP9c: 459.99 out the door, G26: 499.99 out the door ON SALE.

5. Are there good IWB holsters avaliable?

So my questions for you guys are this:

1. Does the Glocks still come in tupperware or do they come in a real case now? Still the tupperware box but a different shape.

2. What comes in the box of the G26? Pistol, two mags, thumb-saver loader, cleaning rod/nylon brush, manual, GSSF enrollment form, and two fired cases.
    3. Would the 26 be as friendly to me as my 19 was? I babied that thing and loved it to death. Sure it would...you'll love it just the same I'm sure.

4. Is the G26 worth the extra money over the other 2 models I have looked at (xd:429.00 out the door, MP9c: 459.99 out the door, G26: 499.99 out the door ON SALE. IMO, stick with Glock since you already loved the one you had. $525 tax included is about the going rate around here.

5. Are there good IWB holsters available? Of course....many. I use the same IWB holster for my G27 and G19 for carry.

Ram Rod said it all! I agree 100% go w/ G26. Its what I carry and I absolutely love it.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Totally agree with ramrod. I also use the same holster for 26 as 19
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Although it's not my EDC, I bought and really like my Glock-26...I'm working on making it the wife's gun...I have to do this REALLY slow.
    You're going to love the gun, but I'd put a set of Trijicon night sights on it.

Unless you're dead set against a .45, don't rule out the Glock-36...just pick one up and hold it for a minute... You'll see why I take one on my Harley with me

I paid $525 for mine (G-26) six months ago...not sure of the price now, although my gun shop would probably still give me a deal.
    Ram Rod covered the 'goodies' portion.
    Holsters? Search out Fist holsters via the 'Related Links' above...I have 2 dozen+ holsters from them...quick, reasonable, and good quality...it costs nothing to look at the site.

Stay armed...with a Glock, ...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The reason I am looking at 9 over any other caliber is cost to shoot. I am in the low income bracket and raising a child on my own, so cost per shot means something if I want to practice. I haved really wanted a .45 for quite sometime, just don't think I can shoot as often as I could a 9. If only I was still married, would have my own private range at her parents place, divorce took it all away LOL

jfl
    RamRod hit the nail on the head ... as usual.

I have a G-26 and a G-19; the G-26 has the Pearce +0 mag extension; gives more support.
    Sometimes the G-26 gets to have the G-19 barrel ...

Take a look at this thread :http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ck-g-26-a.html

Glock Perfection !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I recommend you do yourself a favor look at Kahr's and CZ's first before you buy. Just as reliable and better grip angle, ergonomics and feel.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I also have a G19 and G26. I carry the 19 almost daily, and the 26 really never gets carried. I was planning on using the G26 as a summer carry, but never got around to buying a holster for it. Now I consider it my "traveling" gun, for when I go out of state, just need to buy a good IWB holster.

I love both guns, and I know you will too.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I recommend you do yourself a favor look at Kahr's and CZ's first before you buy. Just as reliable and better grip angle, ergonomics and feel.
    I agree. Look at and try to shoot as many as you can before you buy!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Ram Rod said it best!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I agree with everything Ram Rod said, except that you should hold and shoot (if possible) all of them first, before making your decision. I am a big fan of the G36 (I own one) and I also own an XD (had two, but sold one to get the G36). If cost is of concern, practice is much more important than caliber. As you noted yourself, 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot, so stick with 9mm. Good luck with your search.

-Jeff-

Two G26's (EDC's); One G17 and Drooling to get a G36

Thanks for the comments guys. I wish I could afford to go to the range and rent one of each, but am not able to, it would be 60-90 to rent, plus ammo and range time. I figure I will stick with 9mm due to cost per shot PLUS it is what I am familar with. I would like a larger caliber, I am drooling over the .45 and .357sigs but again, cost per shot would make practic next to impossible with my current money situation. My income tax return will be the only reason I can get a new weapon to begin with. I think it is nice of uncle Sam to buy me a new gun though, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I wish I could afford to go to the range and rent one of each, but am not able to, it would be 60-90 to rent, plus ammo and range time. I figure I will stick with 9mm due to cost per shot PLUS it is what I am familar with. I would like a larger caliber, I am drooling over the .45 and .357sigs but again, cost per shot would make practic next to impossible with my current money situation. My income tax return will be the only reason I can get a new weapon to begin with. I think it is nice of uncle Sam to buy me a new gun though, LOL.
    Those are outrageous rental fees! I don't blame you for not renting before buying. You could buy 500rds of 9mm for the cost of one gun rental! In that case, just go with what feels best in your hands, and good luck with your search!

-Jeff-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links