Springfield Loaded--Holiday Shopping?

This is a discussion on Springfield Loaded--Holiday Shopping? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one or shot one? I am looking at the 9mm. What should I expect to pay? What do you think about accuracy/reliability? Is ...

Thread: Springfield Loaded--Holiday Shopping?

Springfield Loaded--Holiday Shopping?

Anyone have one or shot one? I am looking at the 9mm. What should I expect to pay? What do you think about accuracy/reliability? Is this gun fun to shoot? Is there a similar gun you would recommend over the Loaded?
    The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone!--Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Remove Ads

LOL I've been looking at the Kimber version.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

I've got a Springer Loaded 9mm and it's incredibly fun to shoot. 10 round Metalform mags make it great for IDPA ESP.

I bought it to try and save money on ammo and still stay with the 1911 platform. It shoots differently enough than a .45 though, that it's a bit of a transition going back and forth.

Good luck finding one though - they seem to be rare as hen's teeth.

Joe

Gander in Wichita has one that looks like it's had 10 rounds thru it for 799.

My wife & I both have Springfield Loaded 9mm target models. They have been extremely reliable and are very accurate.

Went to a gunshow this weekend in Dallas, and there was a NIB Springfield Loaded 9mm with fixed sites. Dealer wanted $900 for it. About 3-4 months ago, the dealer had one with the target sights and he wanted $875 back then. It's a nice gun, but if I had my choice, I would buy a CZ SP-01 which is much cheaper, and by all accounts I've read, more accurate. At that same gun show, the CZ SP-01 Tactical with night sites was going for $529 and the Springfield Loaded was going for $900.

TGC
    you can't beat a Springer....period.

Lead Moderator
    I have a SA Champ loaded. I like it alot and tend to carry it more than my other pistols.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If you can find one grab it. I was talking with my favorite dealer, who happens to be one of the biggest Springfield dealers around, because I'd just bought a used Para-Ordinance from another dealer because the Springer I'd wanted had been sold. Steve told me it is getting almost impossible to get any 1911 style guns from SA because they haven't made any in over two years. Seems there have been some internal changes in the company that haven't been publicized and the new owner wants nothing made except XDs, plus the company in Brazil that actually builds the 1911s has been on a very extended strike. It looks as though unless something happens very soon the supply of new SA 1911s will be drying up which means we won't have any choice except Kimber, S&W, Taurus or Para-Ordinance in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    you can't beat a Springer....period.
    unless you have a Sig.
    Pro-Peace & Pro Piece

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoytshooter View Post
    If you can find one grab it. I was talking with my favorite dealer, who happens to be one of the biggest Springfield dealers around, because I'd just bought a used Para-Ordinance from another dealer because the Springer I'd wanted had been sold. Steve told me it is getting almost impossible to get any 1911 style guns from SA because they haven't made any in over two years. Seems there have been some internal changes in the company that haven't been publicized and the new owner wants nothing made except XDs, plus the company in Brazil that actually builds the 1911s has been on a very extended strike. It looks as though unless something happens very soon the supply of new SA 1911s will be drying up which means we won't have any choice except Kimber, S&W, Taurus or Para-Ordinance in that price range.
    Interesting stuff. For clarification though, the actual build does happen in the US, but with frames (and maybe slides?) that are produced for them in Brazil. And the SA Custom shop is still doing builds on the high end "Professional" model, etc. (and those frames etal are US produced AFAIK).

To the OP, I've got two Loaded models in .45 (a Micro Compact and a PX9109), and both are good pistols. And what you can't beat is the SA lifetime warranty. They'll even cover shipping both ways!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Have to agree with Hoytshooter. I wanted a 1911 9mm Springer and was told they are out of stock with no intention of having a production run in the near future. I found one on Gunbroker with 9 mags for $760. BTW . . . the 9mm 1911 is a joy to shoot.

I then decided to buy a Springfield lightwieght Champion Operator to celebrate SC's tax free 2nd Admendment weekend. Same story; none to be found. Bought a Kimber SIS 4" but have to wait 2wks for delivery.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I have a Springfield 1911 "MILSPEC." And it's fantastic. I got it second hand, but it runs well and I trust it.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I don't have a 9mm but I love my loaded champion .45.

Links