Help Choose CCW? - Page 4

Help Choose CCW?

This is a discussion on Help Choose CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 26 is my daily carry. Dependable, accurate, small...perfect with the MTAC holster....

View Poll Results: Best Reasonably Priced 9mm Conceal Carry

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • CZ 2075 RAMI

17 7.05%
  • Taurus Millenium Pro

16 6.64%
  • SpringField XD

60 24.90%
  • Glock 26

82 34.02%
  • SIG Sauer P239

43 17.84%
  • Berreta PX4 Storm

8 3.32%
  • Kahr PM9

42 17.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Choose CCW?

Glock 26 is my daily carry. Dependable, accurate, small...perfect with the MTAC holster.
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

I am done! Picking up Glock 26 LE on Sunday. Taurus just does not have the reliability I require.

I couldn't vote. The G26 should have been replaced with the M&P 9c.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I couldn't vote. The G26 should have been replaced with the M&P 9c.
    Considered this gun, but a search of forums I am in came up with a few problems. Not slamming the gun though, I liked the gun and probably should of replaced the Taurus with this.

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    I am done! Picking up Glock 26 LE on Sunday. Taurus just does not have the reliability I require.
    Good choice, and very true.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have a Glock 23 (.40 cal) which I've had for 10 or 11 years and it's a great gun!

When I was looking for a sub compact pistol in 9mm for a BUG last year, I decided on a Springfield XD-9sc over the Glock-26 and never looked back!

It is a great shooting gun. Rugged, reliable, accurate and points/aims better than the Glocks.

While it's hard to beat Glock's hardcore "Tennifer" finish, I understand the finish on the XD is the exact same thing with a different name. (I could be mistaken on that however, so don't hold me to it)

I like the 10 round mag that fits flush with the base of the gun for a nice sub compact package and the two 16 round magazines which actually extends the grip into a full sized grip. It gives you great magazine capacity with a solid grip on the gun.

Very comfortable with the 16 round mags in it.

I got it fitted with the XS Big Dot tritium sights and they are awesome!

While the Springfield XD platform hasn't logged the mileage Glock has, I feel the XD will prove to be every bit as hard charging as Glock has become. And with improved pointing and grip angle (same as a 1911) I think the XD series is hard to beat!

When looking for "new in the box" guns, the Springfield XD should beat Glock on pricing in most geographical areas by close to $100 or so. (Used markets it's anyone's guess. You can find good prices on used Glocks)

Usually I carry both guns Glock-23 (primary) and XD-9sc (BUG), but if I am only packing one gun, lately it's been the XD-9sc.

JMHO YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I picked the G26, but if you don't mind the weight you should include the Stoeger Cougar as a choice.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I voted Sig 239. I think the main reason a lot of people that were tempted to vote for the Sig but haven't is the cost. But a lot of times you can find a Sig certified pre-owned much cheaper than a new gun and they are probably the highest quality used guns you will ever find. You just can't go wrong with a Sig new or certified pre-owned.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    Got a price for Glock 26 ($449), Trijicon night sights ($99), and extended grip ($8) with everything installed. THis is a new in the box gun. Plan on getting it this Friday or Saturday.
    I'd hate to one-up you, but.......

I just ordered a new G27 from the factory with Trijicons installed for.....

A grand total of $488 including shipping!

It turns out they have a program for commercial pilots. Anyone that is flying for a living can call the sales dept. in Smyrna, GA. and get all the information and the form. H&K is doing one too, but its only for the USP Compact 40, a lot more stipulations too.

Quote Originally Posted by AVIVIII View Post
    I'd hate to one-up you, but.......

I just ordered a new G27 from the factory with Trijicons installed for.....

A grand total of $488 including shipping!

It turns out they have a program for commercial pilots. Anyone that is flying for a living can call the sales dept. in Smyrna, GA. and get all the information and the form. H&K is doing one too, but its only for the USP Compact 40, a lot more stipulations too.

Cool deal! Can pilots carry while flying yet?

airline pilots can get into the Federal Flight Deck Officer Program (FFDO) that allows them to carry to/from, through security and on any flight in which they are in control. They are only considered "Federal Officers" when they are on "their" plane.

Everyone else is pretty much SOL, for now. I, with others, have been working on the TSA try to convince whoever they have to that pilots in our portion of the industry should be able to carry as well. We've been hard pressed to even convince them...

I carry when I am bombing around in a private plane for my own pleasure, but for work, we could be randomly called to go to Canada, the Bahamas, The Caribbean, Massachusetts, Illinois or Mexico.

Picked up the Glock 26 LE today. Had Trijicon night sites installed, and also got an extender for 1 magazine. Gun fits comfortably either way, but the extender makes it perfect. Now I must choose some ammo. Bought box of Federal Hydroshok while in store.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    You posted Kahr PM9 but I carry a CW40 and absolutely love it. Easily Conceals and almost impossible to detect that I am even carrying. Kahr makes a great gun for CCW.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

The Glock 26 was the right choice my friend! Cudos!

My Choice in
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    The Glock 26 was the right choice my friend! Cudos!

My Choice in
    Very pleased with fit and feel. Will update as soon as I can get to range.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links