Additional Guns I Have Found, What Do You Think?

This is a discussion on Additional Guns I Have Found, What Do You Think? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most seen my previous post about a small, lightweight, affordable concealable weapon and i had it narrowed down to a cw9, glock26 and taurus millenium ...

Thread: Additional Guns I Have Found, What Do You Think?

Most seen my previous post about a small, lightweight, affordable concealable weapon and i had it narrowed down to a cw9, glock26 and taurus millenium pro 111.

A friend on my xbox gaming web site also did some research and found the following, all with glowing reviews. I value everyone imput here so i wanted to post these to see what you all think about them compared to my top 3 above:

here they are:
    1. BERETTA PX4 40
    14 RD. MAGS W/ 3 DOT SIGHTS
    $489.00

2. BERETTA TOMCAT 32 ACP
    $370.00

3. EAA WITNESS 40 SW COMPACT
    POLICE OR CITIZEN CARRY
    12 RD MAGS
    $369.00

4. TAURUS 9+1 25 ACP
    2 3/4" BARREL (VERY CONCEALED AND EASY TO CARRY)
    $201.99

5. KAHR CW40 COMPACT
    3.5" POLY FRAME W/ STAINLESS STEEL SLIDE
    $399.00

thanks

Lead Moderator
    I would suggest staying away from .25 ACP or .32 ACP caliber guns due to lack of power/penetration. Beretta has a good rep. and Kahr is mostly good, however some folks have run into problems.
    Once you pick some likely guns that fit you well, try searching this site and others for reviews .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm with Rocky. If you're looking for a BUG, get someting in .380, don't rely n the .25 or .32. You don't have to get one of the new Ruger's...Keltech makes a perfectly servicable item.

S
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

No Bersas ??
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

VIP Member
    Have to agree with Rocky. A .25 or .32 caliber is not something I want to stake my life on. Granted it is better than throwing stones at the BG, but if your going to carry something everyday for defensive purposes, get a larger caliber.

You might also look at the CZ75 Compact and CZ75 P-06. Both good choices as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would go with the Beretta anless the model, Heather, for EAA would deliver the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldthunder View Post
    Most seen my previous post about a small, lightweight, affordable concealable weapon and i had it narrowed down to a cw9, glock26 and taurus millenium pro 111.

A friend on my xbox gaming web site also did some research and found the following, all with glowing reviews. I value everyone imput here so i wanted to post these to see what you all think about them compared to my top 3 above:

here they are:
    1. BERETTA PX4 40
    14 RD. MAGS W/ 3 DOT SIGHTS
    $489.00
    Are you considering this a small pistol. It would be more medium frame in my book.

2. BERETTA TOMCAT 32 ACP
    $370.00
    Better than nothing, but not a first choice

3. EAA WITNESS 40 SW COMPACT
    POLICE OR CITIZEN CARRY
    12 RD MAGS
    $369.00
    Would be ok, but I think there are better guns for the money.

4. TAURUS 9+1 25 ACP
    2 3/4" BARREL (VERY CONCEALED AND EASY TO CARRY)
    $201.99
    Too small but better than nothing.

5. KAHR CW40 COMPACT
    3.5" POLY FRAME W/ STAINLESS STEEL SLIDE
    $399.00
    I think would be ok, but don't have much experience with Kahr.

thanks
    Good luck with your continued search. You need to shoot some of the guns, or as many of then as you can before you choose.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I own the CW in 9MM, and it has been great for me. The trigger squeeze in particular is good. The grips are mighty thin for a larger caliber, though. The price of such good concealment, I suppose.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Good luck with your continued search. You need to shoot some of the guns, or as many of then as you can before you choose.

Exactly.

Go out to some shops and hold them to narrow it down yourself. If possible, shoot the ones that feel good. Then come back and look around for thoughts and reviews.

-Jeff-

Well, you know how I feel about the CW9, the CW40 is the same gun in a different caliber. It is the same dimensions, weight, and price.

The Beretta Storm is a terrific gun but fairly large, about the size of a S&W M&P. A deputy I know has one, it's a good shooting gun. Uses the same action as my Cougar. They do make a compact version that is smaller but it looks kind of chunky in photos, and butt ugly IMO!

I don't know anything about Witnesses but the people that own seem to like them. They're not common around here. I don't now any cops that carry them.

Any of the .25's, .32's, and .380's are good to carry if you can't carry a gun but if it's all you've got it's better than nothing. I have a Kel-tec .380 that I used to carry as a BUG and still use when the situation doesn't allow for anything more substantial. Honestly, for general all around carry these day there's no excuse to carry anything less powerful than 9mm with all of the options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I own the CW in 9MM, and it has been great for me. The trigger squeeze in particular is good. The grips are mighty thin for a larger caliber, though. The price of such good concealment, I suppose.
    Try a Hand-All Jr. slip-on grip thing, I have one on my CW9 and it makes a world of difference without adding any appreciable size to it. Much easier to hold on to and less rough on your hand.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    .25 and.32 ammo is so expensive, that is why i would stay away
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Kahr CW

Links