Glock telephone number disconnected?

This is a discussion on Glock telephone number disconnected? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shooters: I dialed 1-770-432-1202 (Glocks telephone number) and a message said it was either disconnected or no longer in service. Does anyone have any information ...

Shooters:
    I dialed 1-770-432-1202 (Glocks telephone number) and a message said it was either disconnected or no longer in service. Does anyone have any information or maybe a new number for Glock?

I just called it, and they are up and running, no problems getting through at all. I think you probably misdialled (?)

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

They forgot to pay phone bill

I just called the number myself...hoping to come out with a new 2009 calendar, but alas, they won't be out until January some time. Funny thing though....I was expecting the usual automated answering---not so. Second ring gave me a real live person! She sounded kinda.......well, never mind----I almost thought about discussing the weather with her.

When I saw the title of this thread I though that their number being disconnected might make sense. I mean, with Gaston being so stubborn about making any real modifications to his almighty design, which I carry one, so don't think I am a Glock hater. But honestly, think about it, the XD, the XD-M, The S&W M&P, the new Ruger SR9, the H&K P30, the Walther P99, FNP-9/40/45....all these have interchangeable back straps to fit the gun to the shooters hand, except the original XD which beats the Glock in ergonomics with out them. And what has Glock done to make their guns more ergonomic and fit a wider range of shooters? The SF models, all 2 of them. Well done Gaston, well done. I don't understand why they are losing market share.

And if the pictures of the 4th generation are real, then the only thing they managed to do with it was make them ugly with the new "fish gills" slide serrations.

I love my Glock 23 but I am going to transition to an XD .40 (or XDM 40) as soon as I can afford to.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I though that their number being disconnected might make sense. I mean, with Gaston being so stubborn about making any real modifications to his almighty design, which I carry one, so don't think I am a Glock hater. But honestly, think about it, the XD, the XD-M, The S&W M&P, the new Ruger SR9, the H&K P30, the Walther P99, FNP-9/40/45....all these have interchangeable back straps to fit the gun to the shooters hand, except the original XD which beats the Glock in ergonomics with out them. And what has Glock done to make their guns more ergonomic and fit a wider range of shooters? The SF models, all 2 of them. Well done Gaston, well done. I don't understand why they are losing market share.

And if the pictures of the 4th generation are real, then the only thing they managed to do with it was make them ugly with the new "fish gills" slide serrations.

I love my Glock 23 but I am going to transition to an XD .40 (or XDM 40) as soon as I can afford to.
    You will offer your soon to be disenchanted G23 to the members here first won't you? Or at least all your holsters and gear you had for it? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You will offer your soon to be disenchanted G23 to the members here first won't you? Or at least all your holsters and gear you had for it? :)
    Nope.

I may be transitioning to am XD for EDC but I will be keeping the G23 to wear on those long bicycle rides in the heat of summer. The Glock design may not be the most ergonomic, but I still trust it more than any other gun not to rust when I sweat all over it for 2 or 3 hours at a time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If they, as Ram Rod stated, went from an Auto Attendant system to a live person answering you may have called during the transition, my guess. Although for them to make such a change during the day is kinda odd, I mean we IT guys live for after hours changes like that
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    She sounded kinda.......well, never mind----I almost thought about discussing the weather with her.
    Easy Skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by NavDoc View Post
    Easy Skippy.
    LOL Ramrod after the call
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Nope.

I may be transitioning to am XD for EDC but I will be keeping the G23 to wear on those long bicycle rides in the heat of summer. The Glock design may not be the most ergonomic, but I still trust it more than any other gun not to rust when I sweat all over it for 2 or 3 hours at a time.
    Nice........you said it yourself. None of us will be holding you to your word...it's for you to decide. You laid it down here in black and white....what more can anyone say? Soooo....did you want to be poster boy for the XD or the Glock?

I just dialed their # and got the auto attendant thanking me for calling Glock and announcing their office hours. This is at least the second thread I've seen on this in the last week or so. Not sure what's happening but my guess is that Sen. Chambliss will get to the bottom of it for us.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Administrator
    I'm pretty sure they have caller ID and are screening their calls.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links