HELP!!

This is a discussion on HELP!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a guy wanting to trade his NIB Taurus PT 845 for my like new SW MP9mm. I know NOTHING about this gun. can ...

Thread: HELP!!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

HELP!!

I have a guy wanting to trade his NIB Taurus PT 845 for my like new SW MP9mm. I know NOTHING about this gun. can anyone help me quickly?

i wanted to trade the Mp9 for a KT p3at + some cash as I wanted something easier to carry on a day to day basis. I'm not a big guy, only about 5'8 and 170 lbs and the MP wasn't easy to conceal with my current wardrobe. Is the taurus about the same size?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd pass that right on up.
    You would do better for yourself making a trade at any honest gun shop.
    Or sell your MP9 outright and then take the cash & go gun shopping for yourself.
    Just my personal opinion on that - with an added personal comment to never/ever jump too hard or too fast buy anything Taurus.

He's getting the better deal there. S&W full size 9mm (presuming you'd mention if it was the compact version) is a damn fine gun. I'd trade it in in a gun shop for the compact model, which is better than Ice Cream for us thinner sized guys.
    I'm almost exactly like you and I carry the .40 MP compact.
    It is teh sexorz.

EDIT: Bah, QKShooter beat me to it.
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

Administrator
    "EDIT: Bah, QKShooter beat me to it."

It was a quick and easy "call" on this one. Good suggestion that you gave him.

thanks guys! i turned that right down. decided to take my luck at the gunshow this weekend
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I'm steering my daughter towards a M&P9mm compact and may get a 40 for myself If I sell off my 2nd Gen Glock 17 and my sigpro 2022 40S&W nitesites
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm steering my daughter towards a M&P9mm compact and may get a 40 for myself If I sell off my 2nd Gen Glock 17 and my sigpro 2022 40S&W nitesites
    Because the .40 kicks like a standard 9mm of other brands you might let her rent a 40 just for kicks. My 11 year old (12 in 4 more days, geesh!) can handle it, albeit a bit limp wristed.

superman, how much smaller is the MP compact than the full frame? i like having a 9mm on me, but was really attracted to the p3at for the size and pocketability.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Administrator
    You might want to go to the gun show and take a look at a lot of different firearms.
    And once you have a better idea of exactly what will work for you - you can even try doing a trade or a sale here on DC.
    Our members seem pretty willing to trade and deal fairly with an ultimate outcome of both being pleased with the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    superman, how much smaller is the MP compact than the full frame? i like having a 9mm on me, but was really attracted to the p3at for the size and pocketability.
    Roughly about an inch shorter along the barrel, I'd say two full inches smaller in height, and width is close to the same because of bullet size.
    That's a .40 full sized compared to a .40 compact. I haven't fiddled with the 9mm version.

Here's a link where I took a pic of mine in my computer-man hands:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-purchase.html

I agree with QKShooter. You should go to a gun show/shop and put your hands on one. I think you'll be surprised and what a difference those inches make.

PLEASE test drive a taurus at the range before you buy one. I've never fired anything else quite like it...it works for some but that trigger is weird and terrible! IMO.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Links