anyone packing a k9 kahr

This is a discussion on anyone packing a k9 kahr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; going to pick one up this week and was wanting to know what to expect from it,how accurate are they and what ammo do they ...

Thread: anyone packing a k9 kahr

anyone packing a k9 kahr

going to pick one up this week and was wanting to know what to expect from it,how accurate are they and what ammo do they like?will they take +p?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rickit View Post
    going to pick one up this week and was wanting to know what to expect from it,how accurate are they and what ammo do they like?will they take +p?
    I used to own one. It's a great weapon and is capable of more accuracy than most shooters are able to achieve.

The one I owned took anything I fed it. The K9 will certainly handle +P ammunition.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickit View Post
    The K9 is a remarkably accurate pistol. You will probably be pleasantly surprised. The trigger feels a little different than many other pistols, so give yourself a few hundred rounds to get used to it. It took me a while to get the knack of dismantling my K9...it was not as easy as my other Kahrs for some reason.

Kahr claims their pistols are made for +P ammo. I have not found any ammo that produced any problems in any of my Kahrs (with one unrelated exception).

Other than the extra weight over the "P" Kahrs, there is nothing bad I can say about the K9. It is an excellent pistol. The longer 8 round mags will also fit the K9, good for range time.

Mine is capable of more accuracy than I am. My daughter shot a 4 shot group from seven yards that could be covered by a quarter. Pulled the fifth out but what the hell. Very well made pistol. I use the Cor Bon 100 grain +p PrB for carry and practice with the WW white box stuff. According to the factory, it will handle +P just fine

I picked one up to shoot IDPA with. Awesome, awesome gun. I Got mine with night sights. I also picked up the wooden grips. It makes it look nice, but adds some girth to the grip.

I have about 400 flawless rounds through it, I just picked one up a few weeks ago, otherwise I would probably have more rounds through it. The only problem that I ran into is the fact that my thumb was inadvertently not allowing the slide lock to lock the gun open after the last round was fired. Once I installed the wooden grips, the problem went away as they add that extra width.

I also carry Corbon Pow'r Ball in all my Kahrs, and all autos for that matter.

I have four Kahrs MK-9, PM-9, P-40, and a K-40 never a problem with any of them with all these glowing recommendations I may have to add a K-9 to my collection. The K-40 has Crimson trace grips that make it a very sweet carry.

Its what I carry. Bought it 7-8 (I think) years ago, never had a failure to feed, or eject - save one time when I needed to clean it. It didn't lock up like it should have.

It is very accurate and I hope to achieve what it can do. Mine shoots a little high at 3 yard, but at seven in nuts on. Go Figure. When I first bought it nobody seemed to know what it was. Now most CCLrs seem to at least be familiar with it.

I wouldn't part with mine. But I am adding a 1911 to my carry package- Options and everyone should have a 1911.

ash

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Echo all that - I normally haul a K9 Elite 2003 around with me - it displaced my S&W 649 J frame revolver. Best value available right now in a new gun, I think.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Links