Snap caps don't fit...?

Snap caps don't fit...?

This is a discussion on Snap caps don't fit...? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought some .45 snap caps to dry fire with, and when I put them in my Taurus P745, they get "stuck" in the barrel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Snap caps don't fit...?

I bought some .45 snap caps to dry fire with, and when I put them in my Taurus P745, they get "stuck" in the barrel and will not eject... really stuck... I have to push them out with a rod, and they are very tight. Doesn't happen in my well worn SIG...

Is this normal?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Def not normal. Mine eject like a regular round. Sure you got the right .45 caps?

They look like this:

Not like this:

Right?

There should be no problems. Mine have worked flawlessly for hundreds of practice sessions.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Well, that's what is stamped on them... work in my Sig 220 just fine....
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Well, that's what is stamped on them... work in my Sig 220 just fine....
    Weird. I have been able to use mine in dozens of guns (but no Taurus guns)... perhaps you are suffering from tolerance stacking - taurus has a slightly smaller chamber, snap caps are slightly larger than standard... etc.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Triple K brand...

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Triple K brand...
    Think I found your problem. Looks like you bought a ton of lipstick instead of snap caps.

LOL!

Well, I put one in again... snapped the trigger a few times, and it is wedged in there tight... can this damage the barrel?

45 ACP headspace on the case I guess that by firing them they are getting wedged a little but should not damage the barrel,plastic versus steel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks, all...

Something else I noticed... there is a little red "round in the chamber" indicator on this gun, but it does not display with a snap cap in it... what's up with that...?

I have some solid aluminum 9mm snapcaps. They work in all my guns EXCEPT my Walther P99. They always get stuck in the barrel. Yet, the oles with the polymer tops fit fine.

EIther the barrel is too tight or my snap caps (the all metal ones) are outta spec....

I'd stick with A-Zoom brand. I have them in .45 and never had a problem.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Two questions;
    Does real ammo get stuck?
    Do you shoot aluminum cased ammo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links