How long until they multiply?

This is a discussion on How long until they multiply? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been prejudice against Glocks. I have been resisting owning one or shooting one. Today, a friend ( or should I call him an ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How long until they multiply?

I have been prejudice against Glocks. I have been resisting owning one or shooting one. Today, a friend ( or should I call him an enabler) had me try his. He had multiple calibers. Needless to say, I am now hooked and must own one. I came home and told the wife about my experience. Even she had the "I told you so" look, and she's never fired one either. I will be getting one within the next day or two. Or should I say, I must have one. My question is, how long will it be before I must own another? Should I look into rehab now, or ride the flashback out? Should I make sure all my affairs are in order and will it be a bumpy ride?

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    People always come around. I was the same way at frist, untill i shot one. Welcome to the club.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Glad that many like them. Makes for more gun ownership.

I won't be one who succumbs to Glock however.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Um I must be the odd man out. I shot a couple. a 23 and a 21. I liked the 21. I shot great with it. But I still have a problem with plastic. Hell I have a problem with black steel, Blueing in nice also. But I won't own one. If they ever make polymer with a stainless finish. I might get one. lol

But what ever you like, they are sure to multiply.

I purchased my first Glock on June 21, 2008. I have purchased or traded for 3 more since then. I only have two of the four currently because that is all that homeland security (aka my wife) will put up with at a time. She keeps asking "why?" and "are you done now?" and each time I say "I think so" knowing full well that I will never recover without treatment. As we say over on GlockTalk.com, "resistance is futile."
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doctype View Post
    I have been prejudice against Glocks. I have been resisting owning one or shooting one. Today, a friend ( or should I call him an enabler) had me try his. He had multiple calibers. Needless to say, I am now hooked and must own one. I came home and told the wife about my experience. Even she had the "I told you so" look, and she's never fired one either. I will be getting one within the next day or two. Or should I say, I must have one. My question is, how long will it be before I must own another? Should I look into rehab now, or ride the flashback out? Should I make sure all my affairs are in order and will it be a bumpy ride?
    Gaston bless you my son....I've heard your confession, and may I suggest you face east and say your three Glocks before the sun rises. (enabler)? How about saint? You're hooked? Well, you're in it for the long haul then. May as well belly up to the bar. You may go through a denial phase, but that's normal with anyone who is new to Glocks. Your future? Live, eat, sleep, carry, love Glock. No reason to exist without Glock. Oh----it's not an addiction, it's a lifestyle. To have and to hold.............................................. ...........
    Some can't live with it, but no one should live without IMO.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Come to the dark side luke!!!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your illness

It will only last a while then you will come back to your senses and go shoot an XD in your caliber of choice.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I will never know. Not a Glock fan. It's a good reliable gun I just don't like the angle of the grip. It's not a natural pointer for me, so no rabbits multiplying in my gun safe.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

I greatly disliked Glocks. I thought that they looked and felt like bricks. That was, until I picked up the Glock-36. After that experience, I then decided that I needed the Glock-26...

Hey you can't have just one.

Now I still like my Kimbers, but I have a new found friend in Glocks.

Stay armed...Glocks rock...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There is something very pure in a Glock. Plain, but so so elegant in it's simplicity. Like Henry Ford said "you can have any color you'd like, so long as it's black." Pull the trigger and it goes bang, right where you aim. What's not to like about that?

Well, multiplication takes two in most instances. Otherwise, there are no instances reported of single Glocks propagating.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctype View Post
    Should I look into rehab now, or ride the flashback out? Should I make sure all my affairs are in order and will it be a bumpy ride?
    RIDE THAT FLASHBACK!! RIDE THAT FLASHBACK!!

Oh wait, are we talking about guns?

I have to admit that I thought that I would never own one either. I didn't like the looks or the thought of a "plastic" gun. I hated the grip on all of their guns as they always felt too large in my hand. Then this summer I saw the advertisement for the 21SF, and I found out that our local range had one for rent. I really enjoyed the way it felt and shot, awesome grouping in my first ten shots with it.

I started looking at the Glocks seriously at that point and just two weeks ago bought a G36. Now I find my self considering the purchase of a 21SF and also a 19.

Guess I have the "G Flu"!

Quote Originally Posted by RevDerb View Post
    I purchased my first Glock on June 21, 2008. I have purchased or traded for 3 more since then. I only have two of the four currently because that is all that homeland security (aka my wife) will put up with at a time. She keeps asking "why?" and "are you done now?" and each time I say "I think so" knowing full well that I will never recover without treatment. As we say over on GlockTalk.com, "resistance is futile."
    Only get one gun out at a time!Keep repeating "" I've had this gun a long time"" If you're careful you can have lots of firearms with this stradegy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links