Glock 36 or better. Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Glock 36 or better. Your thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always been a big fan of my Glock 19, but recently have been considering moving to the .45 caliber for a few reasons. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 36 or better. Your thoughts?

I have always been a big fan of my Glock 19, but recently have been considering moving to the .45 caliber for a few reasons. Recently I talked to a police officer who told me that the majority of gun fights end up with between 2-3 shots before completion. Also, I am liking the additional knockdown power of the .45.

Because of this, I am considering the Glock 36 as a CCW. Even though it has only 6 rounds, it should be all I need to get out of a situation (my opinion), plus the additional knockdown power of the .45. I have tried other pitols, but the weight of them is extremely heavy. I like the lightweight feel of the Glock pistol, and as I have always carried one, I wonder if I might be partial simply due to that.

Fpr those of you that have tried out the 36, what are your thoughts? I have gripped one, but not found one to shoot yet. As I must shoot one before purchase, I will wait until that happens, but am looking for some advise on the potential decision, and/or if there are other alternatives you might suggest...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Don't own a 36, but I have been considering one as an option (my standard carry is a 5 inch 1911).

But one thing regarding the LEO's info. To my understanding, that would be the average gunfight where 2-3 rounds are expended, not the majority. Subtle and maybe pointless difference, but that's my understanding.

Spare mags are great either way, they do malfunction and having a spare provides redundancy for that as well as extra ammo.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    It's on my Christmas list. I think I might just get it. If not for Christmas, very soon after.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I'm loving my G36. I think it handles the recoil very well, and I shoot it very well. The magazine capacity doesn't bother me. I feel confident with 6+1 rounds (or you can get an extension for 7+1). It's a great firearm, and it feels amazing in my hands.

-Jeff-

I have the Glock-36. It's my Harley gun, and it is the first Glock that didn't feel like a brick in my hand.
    It has been completely reliable, and it is a great CCW gun...hardly know it's there.
    I know of at least six other individuals who have this weapon and are also very satisified with it.

Stay armed...G-36 is 6 + 1...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own both a Glock-19 and Glock 36s. If you like your 19, you'll love your 36 because it is thinner, slightly shorter slide, and the grip is slightly shorter as well; making it easier to carry. It will also fit perfectly in your G-19 holsters. Actually the 36 will hold 7 rounds, 6 in the mag and one in the chute. The 36 is my main carry.

Curtis - Do you already have .40 cal in the arsenal? If not you could consider the 22 or 23 with much more capacity. I wanted to try the 36 this past weekend but someone was hogging it at the range

the only glock I like is my 29
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Well, I thought about a .40 cal, but I figured that if I were to leave the 9mm range, I might as well go with max stopping power. I am not normally in areas that I might need 15 round capacity, and the last time I noticed anyone actually needing high cap mags was in the movies. This is why the 6+1, or with the extention 7+1 sounded good to me, as I would worry about weight more than others might...

Therefore I have not shot a .40 cal, just trying to find the most "manly" caliber...haha...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    I have a 36 & I like it. It's extremely compact. Functioning has been flawless and it's accurate.
    Capacity is not really an for me. I call it: "Carrying An Extra Magazine."

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post

Therefore I have not shot a .40 cal, just trying to find the most "manly" caliber...haha...
    Hey I hear ya! Bigger is better right!?

Ditto the kudos on the 36. Love shooting it and other then my Kel-Tec P3AT far more concealable/comfortable to carry then my 1911A1 or S&W 5906.

I like my 36 quite a bit. In an IWB holster, it's incredibly comfortable, and packs plenty o' punch.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I just purchased the 36 a couple of weeks ago, and love it. I have fired the 21SF, 23 and 27. I haven't had the opportunity to fire any of the Glock 9mm's though. I really didn't care for my buddy's 23, although it wasn't bad, I liked my S&W 5906 better. After swearing that I would never buy a Glock, I tried the 21SF this summer at a local range, I loved it. I put up some nice groups with the first ten shots at 25-30'. So I thought about the 30SF or 36, but no one rents these locally. So I decided to try the 27, which I knew would be heavier in the recoil factor of muzzle flip. After firing a box of 50 rounds, I was ready to take it back to the counter and leave it there. It had way too much flip for my liking. I decided to attempt the 36 after several reviews concerning it "pushing" more than being "snappy". The reviews were right, it is very manageable and comfortable to shoot. I easily ran almost 200 rounds through it before leaving the range. As far as it holding 6+1, I have always carried either a Mustang .380 (same capacity) or a .357 revolver that was a six shot. This will be my primary weapon after breaking it in a little more.

I never thought that I would agree with the "masses" concerning Glock ownership, but I really enjoy the 36.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Looked at it, went for the G30. Larger capacity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links