Ruger LCP return from recall!

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP return from recall! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The man in brown picked up my little LCP last Thursday Dec.4, to return it to Ruger for the safety recall. It was delivered to ...

Thread: Ruger LCP return from recall!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar

Ruger LCP return from recall!

The man in brown picked up my little LCP last Thursday Dec.4, to return it to Ruger for the safety recall. It was delivered to my door Today, Weds. Dec 10...........only 6 days complete turn around time!!! Kudos to Ruger; I really have to compliment them on their service.

My particular gun was a considerably early model, and since that time, several functional updates were made to improve quality, function and longevity. On this recall, aside from the safety issue, Ruger performed all those changes and functional updates. There was evidence that the gun was test fired.

As a way to say thanks, Ruger sent me one of their new magazines with a pinky extension (similar to the one made by GAP for the Glock 26/27). That was free, as was a nice LCP baseball cap that they included. All this at Ruger's expense.

I am very pleased with all my Ruger firearms, and think very highly of their integrity. I love my LCP, and I'm happy to have her back in my pocket!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I just filled out the info to send mine back, I figured that I had better do it before they run out of all the FREE stuff.

Great to have it back!!!! Let us know how she performs.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

When did you submit your serial number to Ruger? I'm curious. I've yet to get a box for mine and was pretty darn sure I did it the first day (or at least within the first couple) it was announced. Let us know.
    "I play for keeps."

I still can't find a gunshop that will put me on a waiting list for one. Oh well maybe around my birthday in a month the supply will start coming around.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Quote Originally Posted by JHoff View Post
    When did you submit your serial number to Ruger? I'm curious. I've yet to get a box for mine and was pretty darn sure I did it the first day (or at least within the first couple) it was announced. Let us know.
    I submitted the day of recall. Took about 4 weeks to get the box, but they turned it around in just a few days!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Same here. Took 3 to 4 weeks before they sent the box. My son submitted his the day after I did and he got his box two days after me.

VIP Member
    Congrats, good luck with it.

Same here. I submitted mine right at the beginning of the recall and still haven't received a box or any kind acknowledgement that I submitted info for the recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ksokie View Post
    Same here. I submitted mine right at the beginning of the recall and still haven't received a box or any kind acknowledgement that I submitted info for the recall.
    I would call them first thing in the morning and follow-up. You can mention that your "friends" have already gotten theirs back.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I registered with Ruger's online form when the recall was first announced.
    Called last week to find out if they really did have my name and gun on their list. The nice lady said they did and I should receive my box with instructions in a few days. The box arrived in my mailbox on Friday.
    UPS came to my house Monday and picked up my LCP and off she went. I sure hope it's two weeks or less turnaround. I really miss that gun in my pocket.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Just today I got impatient waiting for the box to arrive. So, I e-mailed Ruger and within a couple of hours got a phone call.

It seems that occasionally a name on the list gets skipped...they checked manually and had missed mine.

So, she e-mailed me a prepaid UPS label to send it back, since that was faster than my waiting for a box to arrive. She also assured me of one-week service when it's sent in.

So, tomorrow it's on it's way!

You may want to check into this with Ruger, for perhaps you were overlooked also.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

1943 - 2009
    We already have a thread running on the LCP recall.

It's a sticky at the top of this forum.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cp-recall.html

There is no reason for two open threads on the same topic.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links