Update: Unique Glock Situation

Update: Unique Glock Situation

This is a discussion on Update: Unique Glock Situation within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Boy am I happy to be updating this thread! ( http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...situation.html ) Basically, my Glock 23C (first gun purchase too) was fired with an overcharged ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update: Unique Glock Situation

Smile Update: Unique Glock Situation

Boy am I happy to be updating this thread!
    (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...situation.html)

Basically, my Glock 23C (first gun purchase too) was fired with an overcharged Wolf .40 range round in late September and blew away the top of the barrel and effectively destroyed the weapon. I am under the impression that my Glock saved both my hands as the force from this could have done some more damage--I just walked away a bit puzzled how it all happened but was fine.

But that's in the past, because by getting in touch with Glock and then Wolf ammo, I have been provided with a brand new Glock 23!

Oh boy am I happy. Granted this process took a while--Glock had the destroyed firearm from 9/25 until I received my new one 11/28--but it was completely covered by Wolf after I explained the situation to both parties. And it took so long I felt the need to purchase a Mossberg 500 in its stead, go figure.

Both companies were very straightforward with me and got everything taken care of; Wolf's even paying for the shipping I forked over to get it to Glock actually. I am under the impression after researching online that this occurrence is rare but has occurred in the past, but am under the firm belief that this gun saved my hands, if not my life. And who doesn't like to have those

So, what could possibly make this better? Yesterday I officially became a sheepdog in Texas!!!! Mailed originally on 8/12, but I had to re-mail my fingerprints on 9/22. So on 12/11 my license finally arrived--Texas is sure taking its time compared to others from what I read here but I'm stoked to have it! Wal-Mart rendezvous and my first long drive with it tomorrow (I've been reading up on LEO discussions with a CHL on the forum--good stuff).

So to recap:
    Bad: 23 destroyed
    Awesome: Free replacement! And I got to choose a color!
    Also awesome: New Mossberg
    Priceless: My CHL as an early Christmas present.

And for those of you wondering, that's a Crimson Trace laser grip on the new 23, luckily I wasn't using it when the first one went kaboom.
    Attached Images

lucky guy indeed ! congrats !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

So let me get this straight....Glock + Wolf ammo = not good. You're lucky (x2)+ new G23? I also think a lot more folks can learn from your mishap, and that's priceless. I'm glad things worked out for you and you retained all of your fingers in the process.

Glad to hear you were not hurt in the original incident. Congratulations on the new 23! My local indoor range will not allow Wolf ammo for just this reason, apparently they have seen this issue before.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

Glad to hear they replaced it.

Everyone puts out a bad round now and then...don't be too quick to condemn the company because of an anomaly.
    I've shot 1000's of rounds of wolf out of my Glocks w/o any problems (and know several others who have done the same).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

very seldom does a factory round get over charged,but the 40 is a high pressure round as it is so it doesn't take a large over charge to make a kaboom.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, all's well that ends well.
    Congrats on the new weapon(s)...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cry Wolf

I wonder how many others have experienced similar problems while using Wolf Ammo?

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Wow, I'd rather have under charged than over charged (squib loads, had two in my life, both 9mm, both Remington, about 12 years apart). Both still rendered the pistol useless (first was a Smith and Wesson Model 59, second a Glock 19).

Glad you survived the kaboom intact, too bad the pistol didn't (great argument for a BUG!).

Nice looking new Glock, and kudo's on the Mossy.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Congrats on the new weapon. And by that I mean the Mossberg!

glad you could keep your fingers and face.

now thats a happy ending.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy the new toys.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

jfl
    The three ranges I go to in this area do not allow Wolf ammo ... must be a reason ???
    I might be wrong, but isn't it made in Russia ?

Glad everything worked out for you and, most importantly, you were OK.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Glad all worked out, and I will take this post and keep it in the back of my mind. I have the G27, and that has a shorter barrel. I do not have room for that error, or a different outcome may ensue. Stay safe, and congrats on the conceal license/permit!!

Now go get those Nachos!!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

If you have a quality firearm, why would you ever put some old or foreign made ammo through it? It's an invitation for disaster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links