Need the DC experts advice

This is a discussion on Need the DC experts advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 Evidently you have not looked into the newer 1911's. ... You're absolutely right. And I look forward to being enlightened by ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need the DC experts advice

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Evidently you have not looked into the newer 1911's. ...
    You're absolutely right. And I look forward to being enlightened by further comments.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

2. Remove Ads

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

Okay, seriously. Were you just trying to see how many times you could get quoted, to get a rise out of as many as possible? Hmm.... rather trollish. And a disservice to the OP.....
    Ok, I apologize. And I admire the fine sense of humor and decorum exhibited by those whom my highly opinionated remarks may have offended.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have a loaded Springfield hi cap 1911.It has 5 inch barrel. I carry it rarely due to the weight .I sometimes wonder where cock eyed information comes up about old 45acp.I just shot some military surplus ammo that was 63 years old an I can guarantee there was no drop on the bullets trajectory.I wonder when when
    something like this doesn't sound right I am glad The poster was called on it
    right off ! I have a rule I don't believe anything I read on the net unless I can verify
    it.
    Last edited by Stetson; December 14th, 2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: sp

As far as the 1911 being "big, clunky and outdated";

My Revolvers are outdated too, but they still shoot just fine. Lately I've been packing a 1911 off duty, and will for a year or so. Then, I'll move on to another platform. I switch platforms every couple of years, but have mostly kept a Revolver and a 1911 in the house, even when I carried a Glock.

I'm what some people would call "height challenged" at 5'06" and 150 pounds. I manage to carry a 5" 1911 steel handgun daily, and a BUG or two as well. It all depends upon the commitment of the user to hide the gun and use good quality gear.

Maybe I'm just old, but I like a gun that I shoot well, and a good Revolver, 1911 or Browning Hi Power does that for me. My motto is, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I guess that's why I like to carry guns that work, like the 1911 and other "antique" guns.

Biker

Thanks for all the info and for those of you who included pics. I have a lot of info to digest and start my hunt.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links