Taurus millenium PRO?

This is a discussion on Taurus millenium PRO? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering who here has experience with these guns good or bad? I'm interested in the .45 single stack one and would like to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus millenium PRO?

Taurus millenium PRO?

I was wondering who here has experience with these guns good or bad? I'm interested in the .45 single stack one and would like to know is these are good reliable guns? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

You could probably read alot about them here http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-good-bad.html

I have the PT145 (double stack) and I love it, no problems at all.

yeah...the quality on them is 180 degrees in comparison to 10 years ago. Which is a good thing. My uncles' 24/7 pro in .40 was very impressive for me to shoot.
    I owned an original millenium in .40 and it gave me no problems. The only reason I got rid of it was that I kept reading about all the frame stress fractures and such from the original 1st generation guns and it spooked me enough not to trust it. Those problems are long gone.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I bought 1 two months ago and have put 100 rounds thru it with no problem. The only thing I don't care for are the henie sights but with a little practice you will catch on. I have only shot it out to 10 yards and it is amazingly accurate. If you buy it I recomend a good field strip and cleaning, you'll see why when you strip it.

I know you were asking about the .45, but I have the PT111, 9mm, with about 700 rounds and NO problems. It shoots great! It is my EDC and is on my person, 3 o'clock, IWB as I sit in my living room with my 3 yo daughter as we watch Tinker Bell the movie
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

I've got a PT 111 and have had no problems with it. Good gun, good price in my book.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I have the 745... runs like a watch so far...

Lightweight, easily stashable, bargain priced, and it's a .45 so its got some thump... what's not to like...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I have a PT140 millennium pro and have had no problems as of yet. Look around some new posts have addressed Taurus guns and I've seen mixed opinions. As for me I have as stated, had no problems.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I also have the PT745: the single stack .45. Like Point said, there's a lot to love about the little guy.

What I don't like:
    1. Heine sights: it's unlike my other pistols so I have to reacquaint myself w/ them after carrying my .40 S&W. Accurate once I figured out how to use 'em
    2. Had trouble w/ feeding. Seemed the mag dropped a millimeter or two and was causing rounds to "stub" into the feed ramp. HPs sometimes would completely stovepipe. (Right now, it's been sent back to Taurus for repair.)

Otherwise, I loved the PT745 cause it's easy to conceal, accurate, and carries .45 stopping power!
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Delucas is right about the sights... kinda funky. I seem to shoot a little low with this thing. I'm taking it out to the range again this week to try to sharpen my skills with it...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Taurus Millenium Pro

I purchased a PT145 which fits my hand just perfect (I had walked into the store and handled both the XD and PT). After field stripping and cleaning I eagerly took it to the range. It seemed to have the 2nd to 4th round fail to feed into the ramp, and it happened with either magazine. It also didn't matter if it was JHP or FMJ - even the round-nosed bullets would fail to make it up the ramp. I continued to break it in with 200 rounds, and experimented with 3 different brands of hollow-points and they all had the same problem. I almost wanted to send it in to the factory but am glad I didn't. I researched several forums and found that short barreled, light weight semiautos can be very sensitive to limp wristing. I had my 6 foot 2, 220 lb friend fire the PT145 and he had zero malfunctions (he has a gorilla grip). I then consistently held a tighter grip and zero issues or problems over the next 200 rounds. In short I solved the problem which was me - my big heavy beretta could be limp wristed but is too heavy for every day carry. People complain about the long trigger pull but I really don't notice it. Oh, the crossbreed supertuck makes it melt away at 3:30

Taurus packs their pistols with some type of grease that makes cosmoline look like machine oil. They must be cleaned completely before going to the range. I recommend spraying Gun Scrubber or something similar down the firing pin hole until the liquid comming out the back of the pistol turns from black to clear. Also clean the extractor assembly very well. If you clean them first, you'll have no problems.
    Slaves are taken care of. Free men take care of themselves.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/

taurus millenium pro

I carry a pt 140ss third generation and from the day I first fired it, I have never had any problem with it, because of the recoil I practice with it about 50 rounds a week to maintain good control for concealed carry. I am tottally confident in this weapons safetys and reliability. I would recomend this weapon.

Anouther reason for My decision on the pt 140 ss was That of being of limited means. After hearing all the mixed thoughts on this gunmaker, I made the choice and have never reqreted it. 350.00 dollars with two magazines I am totalt a Taurus suporter.

I have Millenium pros in 9mm and no problems at al you can also read up on these guns at Taurus Armed.net - Index lots of PT145 owners there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links