I like mouse guns.

This is a discussion on I like mouse guns. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a problem guys.I keep carrying mouse guns even though every one says I shouldn't carry them.I have lots of other guns but my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I like mouse guns.

I like mouse guns.

I have a problem guys.I keep carrying mouse guns even though every one says I shouldn't carry them.I have lots of other guns but my mouse guns are just so easy to carry.I think it may be a faze I am going through.Before you know it I will be strapping my 1911 back on,but until then I am going to be a mouse gun lover.Are there any other Mouse gun lovers out there?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    I have a problem guys.I keep carrying mouse guns even though every one says I shouldn't carry them.I have lots of other guns but my mouse guns are just so easy to carry.I think it may be a faze I am going through.Before you know it I will be strapping my 1911 back on,but until then I am going to be a mouse gun lover.Are there any other Mouse gun lovers out there?
    What is your definition of a mouse gun; my wife has a small S&W Scandium that weighs less than 13 oz. Mouse that roars ...
    It shoots .357 mag

Whatever you feel comfortable with:

"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. "

John Steinbeck
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I have a KelTec P-3AT...that's a mouse gun. I carry it out in the backyard...but not as an EDC away from the house.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

many mango season ago when i worked in the keys. i carried a beretta 25 acp jetfire when i did uc work. the issue gun was to big to hide in shorts and my backup was a j-frame (still is). so the jetfire was the smallest gun that was around that would go bang every time you pulled the trigger. it was "pocket carry and have fun", no holster. now days most peoples make fun at small guns like the 25 acp. they do not like a 25 acp and/or a .22 for defense. But I do not see any one volunteering to get shot by one. now days on the weekend and off duty i carry the kel tec p3at, looks like i moved up to a bigger size. a mouse gun in hand is better than two 45acp back home or in the car.

"red state state of mind"
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I luv'em too. I constantly carry a colt mustang or a NAA .22 mag revolver, and sometimes both at the same time.
    I am working on a Kahr CW9 to compliment the other two. I prefer the .45acp but mousing beats the big guns when they are not on my person.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

My P32, P3AT and J-Frame sure are easy to carry!

Hey i keep a lil 25 on me in my pocket along with my 9mm as my carry.

Mouse guns? Yeah, I like the package. Don't like the loss of effectiveness that can come with them ... hence the general "derision" they create in the minds of folks who use defensive firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    What is your definition of a mouse gun
    I would view it as anything generally accepted to be outside the group of firearms deemed effective firepower in most circumstances. Meaning, very small caliber or limitation in the number of rounds that effectively limits the firearm's ability to perform in a situation.

Doesn't mean folks haven't been stopped by 22LR, .25, .32 or others, but it does mean that general opinion seems to stop accepting a firearm on face value as "effective" at about the .380 or .32 range.

Of course, size alone has nothing to do with size/power of a bullet. An acquaintance had me shoot his .44mag Derringer awhile back. Stout little unit, that. But, it was a two-shot beast, for all the power in the round. And it was small. I'd class it as a "mouse" gun if it weren't for the simple fact that the round was absolutely powerful enough to get the job done. In almost any other smaller caliber, though, I'd probably class a two-shot Derringer as a "mouse" gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    many mango season ago when i worked in the keys. i carried a beretta 25 acp jetfire when i did uc work. the issue gun was to big to hide in shorts and my backup was a j-frame (still is). so the jetfire was the smallest gun that was around that would go bang every time you pulled the trigger. it was "pocket carry and have fun", no holster. now days most peoples make fun at small guns like the 25 acp. they do not like a 25 acp and/or a .22 for defense. But I do not see any one volunteering to get shot by one. now days on the weekend and off duty i carry the kel tec p3at, looks like i moved up to a bigger size. a mouse gun in hand is better than two 45acp back home or in the car.

"red state state of mind"
    I don't see anyone volunteering to get stabbed by a 1" swiss army knife either, but I wouldn't carry one for defensive purposes. Granted, it's obviously better than nothing....

-Jeff-

I carry a P3AT with a spare mag as a primary 8-10 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Funny thing is, I've never felt under gunned. Even though some days I get in minor to heated conflicts with men who are armed with a lot of pride, hammers, screwdrivers, and razor knives among other potential weapons.

Would I prefer to carry a 1911? YES, and as soon as I get off work you'll find one on my hip. But at work it's not an option and that's why I love mouse guns.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Administrator
    I'd rather have somebody carry a rodent gun than no gun at all.
    I personally would rather have one than a BIC pen given a choice of possible self-defense tools.

CDH
    I've always liked the idea of having a mouse gun for easy carry in situations when I dress really light. But I never liked the idea of a .25 or .32 (or a .22 ) caliber in a self defense tool.
    So up to recently, I resisted getting any of the "little ones".

But I finally joined the ranks of mouse gun carriers when the Rohrbaugh came along.
    Mouse gun size but in 9mm, I find that I'm now carrying the little guy more than I ever thought I would, and I say that after being used to my stainless Commander as my "primary" carry pistol for quite some time.

Now, I have to admit that the Rohrbaugh 9S Stealth has become my "primary" carry pistol and I only pack the Commander when I'm wearing a jacket in the winter or a heavy sweater (not often in Houston)

VIP Member
    I pocket carry a LCP everyday at work. Anything else seriously gets in my way, and since I work near my rural home, I feel pretty safe nonetheless.
    When my environment changes to one of concern, I replace my pocket carry with a G27 or IWB Sig.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

My Seecamp is always with me. Oftentimes as a BUG to my Kahr and sometimes by itself......but it's always there.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Man, if I ever find out that I've been shot by a mouse gun, I'm gonna be pissed!!!

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links