Buying Gun From Gander Mountain?

This is a discussion on Buying Gun From Gander Mountain? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local gun store, from whom I have previously bought my guns, seems to have closed. I am in the market for a new gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Gun From Gander Mountain?

Buying Gun From Gander Mountain?

My local gun store, from whom I have previously bought my guns, seems to have closed.

I am in the market for a new gun and would appreciate feedback from those who have purchased a gun from Gander Mountain. Was it a good experience, in terms of service and price? Any other comments or suggestions relative to this are welcome. They just opened a new store near me.

Thanks.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

In a nut shell
    Over priced idiots.

I have, a year ago. Make sure you check prices, since they can be higher in some cases. They were competitive on my Walther PPK, and nothing unusual about the service or sale. The guy I dealt with was pretty knowledgable.

Bought a P22 for $280 OTD back in April. Fair price, knowledgable staff. They also provide an additional year of warranty over the manufacturer.

As long as they can be competitive on price, I'd do it again.

Prices for hardware on hand tend to be on the high side. I've never seen them actually have the loss leader handguns advertised in the sale flyer.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've been happy with all the guns I've purchased from G.M. I buy mostly used but I have bought new too. The used market is an unknown in that you never know what you'll bump into, or what price it will carry. Among the buys I found a G.M. was a HK P7 priced hundreds below market, a Sig P232 in 99% condition for $315, a hard to find PX22 that I wanted for my collection for $100, HK USPc in stainless ANIB for $600. I love stopping in to see what's new. Who else offers a year long warranty on a USED gun?

The required paperwork has always been processed quickly. The store stocks a large number of firearms. Prices can be high, yes, but G.M. matches prices of competitors

VIP Member
    I have a GM, Bass Pro Shop and a large local retailer near me, the local dealer and BPS prices are generally better than GM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardlivin View Post
    Fair price, knowledgable staff. They also provide an additional year of warranty over the manufacturer.

As long as they can be competitive on price, I'd do it again.
    Same here, but check the price and shop around. Almost anyone else will bet them in price, but sometimes you can get a really good deal. Just check around.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Most expensive place I know of to buy a handgun.

I did buy a couple of guns from them early on: wanted a Kahr PM9 and a 870 shottie. Gave me a really great deal on the shottie if I bought both (Kahr at full MSRP).

Later found that I could have still gotten both at another local dealer for $75 less.

Of course, sometimes Gander will have something in stock that nobody else local does, because it's priced so high everyone has avoided it. Especially right now, most popular guns are difficult to get, so Gander might be the only way to get what you want without bigtime wait, just understand you'll pay top dollar.

- OS

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem700 View Post
    In a nut shell
    Over priced idiots.
    Yeah I agree. When I purchased my XD-45acp from there, I ended up paying a total of $670. The only reason why I had second thought about my purchase is because a friend of mine bought his for $550.I guess you have to pay the price for what you want.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

I've been extremely happy with the pricing and service when buying my last two pistols here: Guns for Sale
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Lead Moderator
    They tend to be over priced compared to other dealers in my area.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Gander is high, but I got a good deal on a used gun from them and I sold/traded one in also and was given reasonable amount in trade. The paperwork was fast and they are courteous. They have a price match policy but I have not used it.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I've bought one gun from GM and that was only because I couldn't find it in another store at the time. I've never seen a deal at GM that all other local stores couldn't or wouldn't beat. They usually have a good selection, but terrible prices. Only worth buying if no other store has item in stock and you really don't want to wait.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    The one near me is a little on the pricey side. They can be a touch rude. I avoid them when I can. I get my stuff from a hole in the wall place now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links