I went ahead and picked it up

I went ahead and picked it up

This is a discussion on I went ahead and picked it up within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ever since getting the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm, I have been looking at the kel-Tec site at the pistols. Specifically the P3AT .380. Had to ...

Thread: I went ahead and picked it up

Talking I went ahead and picked it up

Ever since getting the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm, I have been looking at the kel-Tec site at the pistols. Specifically the P3AT .380.

Had to run to town today to take the new puppy in for a vet check. Swung by the gun store to get new 06' dog licenses and was drawn to the back counter where the guns are.

There it sat, a slightly used (and I mean, you can't even tell it was fired) P3AT .380. I had the guy take it out so I could feel of it. It was super small and super light, but felt great in my hands. The list price for the P3AT is around $300 or so. The tag on the used one read $180! I had to get it. The pic shows it next to a 6 pack of batterys for my Z2 combat light.

I also picked up a 31 round Glock clip for the Sub 2000. Got it for $30. The shop owner said that before the Brady Bill got lifted, this clip would go for $200. I think the high round clip makes the Sub 2000 look complete. All that is missing is the flashlight on the front.

Sorry the pic quality is low. My camera is on its way out...

Attached Images
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

You can pick up the mags for about a 30$ spot never saw then get as high as 200 but 150 sure

And its a Mag not a Clip ... m1 garnge uses a Clip and so do some MoonClip revolver

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Good Deal.

Let us know how it shoots.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

DANG 180 bucks?!?!?!

I've been turned on more and more to these guns recently and I think I'd be hard pressed to turn one down at that value.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

Yeah no doubt, that is why I had to buy it! My wife was with me and I told her how much it was new, and she agreed that I should pick it up at that low price. I was surprised, she usually tells me NOT to buy the gun! LOL!

Put a few clips through it and I love how it shoots. Recoil is not bad at all for such a small, light weight gun. With it's small size, you can carry it anywhere easily.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

This pistol uses a magazine, but the object in the man's other hand is a clip.

But nice deal! I'd put some rounds downrage to make sure that P3AT runs just fine though, there are a few funky ones out there.

Assistant Administrator
    I had a G1 which I sold - and that went to a forum buddy so only charged him $175. Your deal was fine but if it is a G1 then make very sure function is spot on.

I did not like mine but in fairness have the R9 which is in a different league for pocket/BUG useage. I'd also suggest not bothering with HP ammo - just stoke with good JHP. Others may not agree but I do not see useful expansion being too likely in that cal.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If it has a spring it's a mag. No spring then it's a clip. BUT----- I would agree with the above in that your Gen1 needs a real good workout to test for reliability. My Gen2 is great. I noticed at the gunshow this weekend that the prices of the KELTEC pistols have gone up between $30-$50. Although I would disagree with the above in that you should carry a well made,repeat,well made,HP. The figures that I have been hearing re.depth of penetration needed is,IMO, deeper than needed if more than one shot is placed on target. My P-3AT will be used for very close range shots and at least 3 shots will be put COM. I'm not a ballistics GURU,these are just my simi-informed opinions. Good luck with the KT. Let us know how she shoots. ---------

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I've always wondered, how are you supposed to actually use one of those long MAGAZINES in an actual tactical situation?

You couldn't fire that thing prone, magazine is easily damaged by being struck on something... except for fun range use you're better off with a magazine length that allows it to be protected by the pistol grip.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

It allows for target shooting without having to stop every 10 rounds and refill a magazine. That is the biggest thing. So far, I have only fired it standing at targets, and 10 rounds go in about 3 seconds.

Just more fun!

Nietzsche

GREAT price on dat 380 Kel-tec!! they fly outta the store........hope it serves you well.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Sponsored Links