New Gun??

This is a discussion on New Gun?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am becoming a fan again of the small concealed handgun. I am considering a small hideout gun for a possible tuckable holster. I am ...

Thread: New Gun??

New Gun??

I am becoming a fan again of the small concealed handgun. I am considering a small hideout gun for a possible tuckable holster. I am leaning towards a J Frame, a Kahr PM9, P9 or Glock 26/27. I am already a fan of the GLOCK and know all about them. I know the attributes of a J and will prob get one eventally anyway.
    Now what I wanna know is what are the pro/cons of the PM9 vs the P9? I am pretty experienced with SD guns and am not scared of a new weapon. Just think they feel great in the hand and sem to have a following here.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

I prefer the Glock 26... excellent size, reliability, and accuracy.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I'll chime in for the Glock-26, also...a great concealment sidearm.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Tuckable belt carry

If you're going to carry this gun on the belt in a tuckable holster, I think you want a very thin gun with a short "two finger" grip to minimize printing on your shirt. That would make the Kahr PM9 the best alternative of those you mentioned. The Glocks are thicker and make more of a bulge, the J frame revolver (with boot grips) is not bad but has a cylinder bulge, and the Kahr P9 has a longer grip that is more likely to print.

And if you decide to go with the PM9, why not consider the all steel version the MK9? Since it is belt carry the extra weight won't really matter, but makes the gun much easier to shoot well. I have a MK9 and a tuckable Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster which work well in this role. But I must admit that I don't usually tuck the shirt in but simply use it as an inside the waistband holster with a cover garment. Tucking slows down your draw quite a bit, although it offers good concealment.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to this poll to check out general opinions about some of the more popular concealable guns. Personally, I purchased a Glock 26 with Trijicon sites and one magazine with grip extender. I am 6'" and 240 lbs and found this gun fun and accurate to shoot, and fits my hand with or without the grip. I carry without extender, for concealability, and practice shooting with and without. SHoot very well either way. Very happy with my Glock 26!

all three will make a great carry gun. i carry either the glock 27 and/or a s&w model 60. i would pick the gun that you like the best.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

VIP Member
    I have a CW9 which is basically a P9 with standard rifling instead of the polygonal rifling and is around $400. I carry it in an MTAC and am very happy with it.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links