Defensive Carry banner

New-to-me - Sig P229 Elite Stainless (Pictures)

28K views 55 replies 42 participants last post by  SigSire 
#1 ·
Well, tonight I got to finally fire my new-to-me Sig P229 Elite Stainless (9mm). I got the gun about a week ago and was dying to try it out. So, today I went to the local range and put 100rds through her. All I can say is, "I made the right choice for me!" :king:

The Sig Sauer P229 Elite comes with the Short Reset Trigger (SRT), which I had not shot before. The first mag required a little getting use to because that second shot comes fast--I believe the SA is 4.5lbs. Once I got used to it, the follow-up shots came pretty easy. :danceban:

The target I used in the background of these pictures is one from today at 21 ft. Even though I had a couple stragglers, I'm happy with this grouping.

Now I'm ~really~ looking forward to my CPL class in two days. :santaclaus:

Hope you enjoy the pics.

See less See more
#2 ·
The Sig is one of the pistols that is not in my arsenal. Reading stuff like this may cause that to change.:image035:
Very nice. Looks like you made a fine choice.

#8 ·
The Sig is one of the pistols that is not in my arsenal. Reading stuff like this may cause that to change.:image035:
Come on Nutty--the water's fine, jump in. :danceban:

Thanks!

#3 ·
I don't own one but envy the fella who does. :)

That is the one I was dead set on getting, but recently shifted my attention to the P220 Elite Stainless. I will probably always want to have the 229, and the very one you've selected.

Congrats...I think this must be a firearm that could stay in the family for generations...I see no reason why not.

#9 ·
I wasn't specifically looking for a 229 Elite Stainless, but I couldn't pass up the deal. After shooting it, I'm glad I got it. It is so nicely balanced and really fits my average-sized hand (6' 180lbs). Love it. :santaclaus:

#7 ·
I just got a SIG P229 SAS this year and it has hopped into the EDC slot...in a Milt Sparks VM II no less.

Love the pics, those Elites are gorgeous. I've not shot the SRT, but am itching to try one out.

Nice addition to your collection.

#11 ·
Great looking gun, I have several Sigs and don't have any "elite" models, but hopefully soon I will......I like the way they look.

BTW great screen name.

Speaking of "Sig Sauer", when my wife first heard the name, she asked me about it and had me repeat it a couple of times to her. Finally she nodded her head and said she understood. She went on to say that the Sauer (sour) part was apparently the face the wife made whenever the husband bought one. :rofl: (funny wife huh?)

She's pro-gun though she likes to chide me quite a bit, though I've bought 7 Sigs since she mentioned the "sour" part. She see's gun purchases as missed opportunities for her to purchase jewelry. Heck I thought that Sigs were jewelry?

#25 ·
Speaking of "Sig Sauer", when my wife first heard the name, she asked me about it and had me repeat it a couple of times to her. Finally she nodded her head and said she understood. She went on to say that the Sauer (sour) part was apparently the face the wife made whenever the husband bought one. :rofl: (funny wife huh?)
Okay, now that's just funny. ;)

#14 ·
The 229 is a functional work of art - that Elite SS is a work of art, period.

#15 ·
I carry a p228 as my once in a while gun and everytime i do I just wanna carry it some more. It shoots like a dream and handles excellent. Very nice piece. Just hard to go leaving my original baby behind...G23.

#16 ·
I had a SIG P245 once and ended up selling it. Really nice gun but way too big for me to conceal. It always had a problem feeding the last round in the mag which was also a deal killer on CC. They really are nice guns and I would love to have another but finances are against it now. Once of my favorite brands though. Nice one there plus nice grouping.

#17 ·
Very, very nice. My SIGs are pretty plain---black Nitron for the P220 and P226; stainless slide on the P239; all stainless on the g/f's GSR---but your pics make me seriously tempted to splurge on one of the fancier models... :1syellow1:

:notworthy:

#18 ·
Very nice looking gun.... I've been thinking about buying a P229 9mm recently.

#27 ·
I really like the 9mm 229, especially in the stainless. With the size of the 229, the weight of the stainless, that 9mm recoil isn't much of anything. Subsequent shots can come very fast!

Today I took a CPL class and, during the shooting portion, we had to do a number of follow-up shots (2+1; zipper shots; etc.). It was a pleasure with this gun. I've lovin' it.

#19 ·
Congrat's on the new pistol, I'm jealous. I've had my eye on a Sig in 9mm for a while but I jumped on the AR band wagon recently and spent all my money.
A used 228 or 229 will probably be my next pistol.

#33 ·
Great looking pics, even better looking weapon! Congrats!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.