Range Report

Range Report

This is a discussion on Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new and this is my 1st range report. It's on my P345. The S/N 664-3xxxx series, I bought it in nov 05. (there was ...

Thread: Range Report

Range Report

I'm new and this is my 1st range report. It's on my P345. The S/N 664-3xxxx series, I bought it in nov 05. (there was talk about early models jamming)

I have shot Winchester white box from wally world, and several other "cheap" ammo selections and some HPJ. About 600 rds total. About 150 being the most in 1 session. I had 1 jam. It was with some random range ammo and only 1 time. ejected the rd and kept shooting.

I can't give a real accurate report on the groups, I am not that consistent. I am still getting comfortable stance and aiming positions with a hand gun. It is accurate at 25ft me doing single shots. 50 ft is stretching it, I am all over the targets. This could be me very easily.

Anyway here are some pics for size reference and my most recent target. I keep them for reference of my improvement. This is the best to date.

And pics of the weapon in question

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Nice report, Bags. I've been curious about the P345. Is yours a DAO, or is it DA/SA? I'm under the impression that this gun is DA/SA. How is the trigger?

NICE report ya made there....Lotta people lookin for that 345 Ruger while at the store........i can give em some physical reports based on yours............thanks!!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I hear lots of good things about the p345 seems local store cant keep them instock

Lead Moderator
    Nice. 50 yrds. is quite a ways for pistol shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by older gunner
    Nice report, Bags. I've been curious about the P345. Is yours a DAO, or is it DA/SA? I'm under the impression that this gun is DA/SA. How is the trigger?

It is DA/SA... I posted in another thread DAO .. sorry for any confusion... sometimes my mind does not screen everything that my fingers get. It's heavy on the DA shot (duh right?) and then PERFECT for me on the SA. Warning here, I don't have much experience with hand guns. I have shot ~10 of them and only ~3 over 50 rds. The trigger reminds me of the M16A2. It's not a "hair trigger", it takes some steady pressure. It "feels" consistant to me. I wish I could give you a better answer, I just want you to know where I am coming from.

class3- you are welcome.. feel free to send anything as payment

rocky- it was 50 ft... and yeah I know it's LONG way, but I would like to have some sort of single head shot at 50 ft to brag about..lol You know, that range story.

Assistant Administrator
    Pretty darned OK Bags - and thx for the feedback. I have a P95 and 97 - which are not hugely different and if you can get used to that long DA pull with practice then that is very useful.

Familiarity and further practice will see your groups shrinking but you will almost always get ''fliers'' even so. Now might soon be the time to extend your training to include draw practice, shooting from positions other than standing - maybe even work up to shots on the move.

Keep working at it and remember that the more ''muscle memory'' the better - once thing get tense, fine motor skills dispappear. Oh and also - pay some attention to shooting with both strong hand only and weak hand only. Practice reloads with both hands too and also clearance drills.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    In that first picture of the pistol it looks like it "bit" you from the double mark on your hand.
    Last edited by rstickle; January 17th, 2006 at 11:45 PM.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    In that forst picture of the pistol it looks like it "bit" you from the double mark on your hand.

No, that was from a football party with a very rough ice box

I have pinched my finger in the slide putting it back togetehr the 1st time.

P95- yeah I am a VERY BAD shot with my left hand. And now that I have a holester, I am working on my draw in the house. UNLOADED gun of course.

I don't know about your gun, but your monitor... you need an upgrade.
    SONY TRINITRON is the only way to go. :D

Administrator

Thumbs up Well, looking at your target

Friendly Suggestion:
    You know I would buy yourself some nice bright Fluorescent
    Targ~Dots & paste one right COM & another one Center On Head & I'll bet you that you'll automatically tighten things up a bit & move those holes in a bit closer.

I'll betcha you will!

A big problem that some shooters have when shooting at "Man" targets is that they do not yet have a small enough intended point of impact ingrained into the old brain yet.

2nd Friendly Suggestion: If you really want to know exactly how you are shooting on any given day (with any specific firearm) then shoot only one ammo type, brand, & bullet weight.
    I am only saying that because you said: "I am not that consistent."
    And... the only way to shoot consistently is to also be consistent with the ammo that you are shooting.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links