Jennings 9mm

This is a discussion on Jennings 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All Has anybody got any experience with theses friend of mine bought one I feild stripped it and cleaned it for him and spent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jennings 9mm

Jennings 9mm

Hi All
    Has anybody got any experience with theses friend of mine bought one I feild stripped it and cleaned it for him and spent the next hour trying to talk him out of firing it . Ive never met a gun that i didnt like but this one has got me thinking tried to give him 50 bucks for it so i could lead fill it for paper weight , I could be wrong and I know a cheap gun is better than none but
    If im wrong let me know but I told him Id take him out to help him find a better gun and loan him my shotgun for security. Hope im not being to harsh on jennings owners.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

2. Remove Ads

Jennings? Toss it!

One of the guns you actually have to worry about it hurting the shooter. There are some "cheap" guns I wouldn't mind shooting for fun even though they might malfunction, but these could actually be dangerous!

If it's for home defense, steer him towards a good shotgun. I bet you could find a nice used pump for under $200.

If it's to carry, try to find a nice used revolver...could probably find one in about the same price range...if he wants new I'd look at Kel-Tec, Bersa, or Charter Arms.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Also on a side note for those guys stuck with helping there wives clean house before Christmas I found out a shop vac makes a great duster...lol
    NRA Member - GRNC Member

Administrator
    As you seem already aware...very poor quality lowest rung on the ladder firearm. A real suicide special.

Anyone with wings like that already knew the Jennings is junk.
    Airborne!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Tell him to wait for the next local 'gun turn in program', and make some money.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Roger ive tried to talk him out of it he bought it on impulse buy also tried to buy it from him to destroy it!! better to have him alive . will call him tonight !
    may give him my Mossberg for Christmas I was looking to upgrade my shotgun anyway if I can get it past the wife Ack.. Airborne all the way AZ.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member

I'm totally not familiar with Jennings. Can you explain (for my education) what made you identify the gun as cheap (other than reputation)? In terms of visible signs, I would expect low quality and ill fitting internal parts, poor manufacturing and lack of attention to detail. I would also expect low quality metals or polymers, but that's not easy to detect with a naked eye. Just trying to learn
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Very loose gun and the metal seemed like pot ash as if you could scrap it right off and chrome was peeling off . I could actually see where rounds had made indentations in slide . springs weak. and how the trigger assembly was laid together like almost just a lever assy being held together by grips. Also seemed as the gun was cast.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member

10 years ago, when I took my CCW class, there was a guy that was qualifying with a Jennings. I am not lying when I say that his gun jammed on EVERY SINGLE shot! Only have to shoot 20 rounds here in KY but it took him forever. The worst part is that even after that and all of us telling him not to risk his life using that gun he still said he was going to use it as his EDC. Unreal. I will cut corners some other place in my budget if I have to in the future but I will always have a dependable weapon.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Jennings, Lorcin, Raven, Phoenix...
    The junk factor can be seen and felt. You'll know it. In addition, the price will reflect it.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I'll take MY PHOENIX HP 22 ran 700 rnds throuh it no prblem with eagle ammo pretty good gun MHO Jennings>JUNK/ PS This is just a plinker no carry
    Last edited by hogdaddy; December 20th, 2008 at 10:57 PM.

I would tell someone "what's your or your family's life worth?" Buying something that may or may not work just isn't real smart. You don't have to spend $1200 on a Kimber, but I would save up and spend a 1/3 of that on a reliable weapon.
    Last edited by Ridgeline; December 20th, 2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: <sp>
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I would trust my life to a Hi-Point before a Jennings.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Hi All
    Has anybody got any experience with theses friend of mine bought one I feild stripped it and cleaned it for him and spent the next hour trying to talk him out of firing it . Ive never met a gun that i didnt like but this one has got me thinking tried to give him 50 bucks for it so i could lead fill it for paper weight , I could be wrong and I know a cheap gun is better than none but
    If im wrong let me know but I told him Id take him out to help him find a better gun and loan him my shotgun for security. Hope im not being to harsh on jennings owners.
    Tell "your friend" not to use this gun - at least not for ANY type of self defense. My brother had on of these - what a hunk of junk. The firing pin finally broke - so that took care of that for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links