Need help with a mouse gun! - Page 2

Need help with a mouse gun!

This is a discussion on Need help with a mouse gun! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; there are quite a few other mouse guns that are better options than .25 or .22, IMO. you can have something in .380 or even ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a mouse gun!

there are quite a few other mouse guns that are better options than .25 or .22, IMO. you can have something in .380 or even 9mm that will be just a small as the ones mentioned in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Although I wouldn't carry it for a primary defensive weapon, my wife has a KelTec P32 that is easily concealed as a mouse gun.

Sometimes the P32 is the only choice for me. I think the ballistics good on penetration. Plus it's only .006" smaller than a .38 or 9mm. (this makes for good arguments most of the time)

My plan would be to empty the entire magazine into them and then proceed to beat them with it if needed...

When push comes to shove and everything goes south on you, any pistol in any caliber is better then the pistol you left at home. Although I prefer to limit my mouse guns to backup duty, there are times I have carried them as my primary weapons. Under certain circumstances, I've carried one or sometimes two of my mouse guns. My mouse gun arsenal is currently a Beretta Tomcat .32, Colt 1908-vest pocket .25 and a NAA mini .22LR.

Randy

CSG
    I often carry a Beretta .25 Jetfire. In the right hands they are quite capable and deadly. I pay little attention to gun forum commando's in this regard.

I prefer carrying a .45 but that's not always practical so I carry what is practical knowing that the likelihood of having to draw and use the weapon is minuscule and if I have to I probably did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFingr View Post
    Say you had to carry a very small gun for whatever reason, and I know allot of people would rather use a stick and throw stones but for the sake of argument what would you rather carry!
    If and when my permit comes in, I will be carrying a Ruger LCP .380 with CT lasergrips in a MiniTuck holster with a tuckable dual mag holder on the weak side.

That will be my primary carry gun.

I expect to train often with jam clear and mag switch exercises.

(I know I'll probably catch a lot of flack fot this.)
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    If and when my permit comes in, I will be carrying a Ruger LCP .380 with CT lasergrips in a MiniTuck holster with a tuckable dual mag holder on the weak side.

That will be my primary carry gun.

I expect to train often with jam clear and mag switch exercises.

(I know I'll probably catch a lot of flack fot this.)
    Lots of data out there on caliber, number of rounds, bullet type, ballistics..It the end, your decision on what, how and why you carry. Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Another vote for the Beretta .32 Tomcat

I built this for my wife, but found it to be so accurate with the laser and easy to conceal, it became my favorite BUG.. BTW, it takes a little work with a dremel to get the CT laser on the wider Stainless Tomcat.

Schwazche

Our Pledge of Allegiance - Red Skelton

'To educate a mind in knowledge and not morals is to create a menace to society' - Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member
    If your health is so bad that you can not shoot a 380, what are you thinking when you take on a security duty???? Could you do any hand to hand if required?? Seems kinda odd.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I never said that I could not shoot a 380, or a 40 cal Glock. I do have a Sandan in Kenpo Karate!

When carrying the small Beretta it's personal choice but I carry in condition 1 or 2 and I have no reservations. In this current detail I am carrying in condition 2 with a pocket holster. Sometimes when I carry this weapon I do use condition 1 but I don't like to place too much trust in this small guns safety. When I do carry this weapon in condition 1 I use a inside the belt holster in the one o'clock position. Like I said I would try to only carry this gun when my PPK/S is not allowed by the specifics of the detail! The High Standard 22 Mag derringer really pains me to shot it, I think due to the grips. The Walther is much more comfortable to shoot, even in 380 ACP.

One thing I realized early is when carrying any handgun, but especially this small gun, is getting it into play ASAP. And like I said earlier keep it clean and practice allot.
    Attached Images

File Type: jpg Beretta_950_01.jp
    Flee before me or else you will Fall before me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links