Defensive Carry banner

Should I replace the stock 5.5lb connector with the 3.5 lb?

• Yes

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Huh? I carry a 1911 and so should you..(hee, hee....)

Votes: 9 15.3%

Glock 3.5 lb. Connector

18K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  T Bone 
#1 ·
Who has switched from the stock 5.5 lb. connector to the 3.5 lb. connector? Did you use Glock's connector or an aftermarket manufacturer's connector? Do you like it? Were there any noticeable changes in the reset point? Interested in a little feedback, thanks.:embarassed:

#3 ·
ALL my Glocks are set up with the 3.5 pound connect combined with the NY1 trigger. Nets out at about the same weight trigger pull as with the original 5.5 pound se-up AND it's safe for defensive carry, gives you a stronger trigger spring and a more revolver-like trigger pull.

#7 ·
IMHO only, I wouldn't on a SD weapon. 5 will suit me fine. That's what I've trained with, and given the inherent stress of a SD deployment, I want it all the "same".

IFF I shot IDPA, maybe a 3.5 for that weapon.

#10 ·
Well, I didn't vote in the poll. I won't say one way or the other. All of my Glocks retain the factory connector. I've got used to it, and have faith. Even though I've seen a few threads about the Ghost or 3.5#+NY , etc..... and they have sort of intrigued me. I like my Glocks...as is, and I'm afraid if I test the waters, I'd be on another search for a perfection I already appear to have. Mine work well for me as is. If I changed something now, I'll be back on the learning bus. Not cause I'm old an set in my ways.....just feel it don't need no improvement. You can't open my eyes more than they already are. I fell in love with Glocks years before some of you ever contemplated your first firearm. There were reasons for that.

#13 ·
All Glocks stock... no question if I ever have to pull the trigger... don't want some attorney to ask if I was trigger happy because I made a change to my gun.

#15 ·
i have put one in my g23, but it is the range gun. my duty g22 and g27 have the 5 lb one. i have found that they all have gone down some over time and many rounds down range. to me i can not tell the different bewteen the two.

#18 ·
As others have mentioned, the 3.5# connector works awesome with a NY 1 trigger spring. I use only Glock parts in all of my Glocks with the exception of a Hogue slip on grip.

#19 ·
I only have one Glock currently (G34) and it came with the 3.5 connector. As for the trigger weight, I don't worry about it because my finger stays off the trigger until I am ready to engage a target. After I engage the target the finger comes off the trigger and out of the trigger guard.

It all boils down to the quality of the grey matter between the ears, not trigger connectors and pull weights....

#20 ·
I bought a 17, 19 and 26 in that order. All are early examples (each bought before the next one even existed). I've found no need to make any alterations with the exception of adding Trijicon Night Sights on one and Meprolights on the other two. My guns are all carry guns. The range is just training to that end, and competition would be as well if I competed.

Besides, I've mostly gone back to carrying the 1911 platform in the last several years anyway (though I wouldn't dream of voting for option 3... I voted No).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.