Kel-Tec P-3AT

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec P-3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Curious what everyones take on the Kel-Tec P-3AT as a CCW? Weight 7.2 oz. Cartridge Capacity 6+1 I plan on having a larger gun at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec P-3AT

Kel-Tec P-3AT

Curious what everyones take on the Kel-Tec P-3AT as a CCW?
    Weight 7.2 oz. Cartridge Capacity 6+1

I plan on having a larger gun at home but, the idea of having such a lightweight CCW appeals to me. Easy to carry etc..

They had one in a .32 cal too but, I think the .380 would probably be a little better.

If this has been discussed before I am sorry folks..

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Lots of threads on this...great little gun that has worked fine for me in times that larger weapons could not be easily concealed.

Rick

Love this little gun. It rides in my front pocket in a leather FIST #5 pocket holster. Don't even notice that it's there.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

It's my every day carry when I cannot wear a jacket. I use a DeSantis Super Fly Pocket Holster in my rgith rear pocket. No issues.

i got one and carry it often. hard to beat a small gun that can go every where with you. nothing wrong with a p3at.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Great little carry gun for the money. Some run without problems right out of the box, some don't. They have great customer service if you need any help. It is a part of my EDC in my front pocket or in an appendix holster from Comp-Tac. There is some good info here:KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I carry a Glock 26 IWB nearly all the time but, my P3AT is in my pocket every day. This is a pistol that you can conceal with any wardrobe. They are well made and like has been said, their customer service is unbelievable.

The P-32 is the same size as the P3AT and a lot of people like them, too. The .380 has got a little more power but the main thing is that you will always have one with you at all times. Go ahead and get it, you'll like it.

For the price it is hard to beat a Kel-Tec PAT. If my memory serves me correctly it was designed around the Winchester Silvertip 60 grain bullet which I run exclusively ( bought out a shop that was going out of business)in mine. I have carried mine so much that it looks like a fence post but still runs like a sewing machine. Buy it you can move to something else when funds permit.
    As an aside I figure the incoming administration will probably revisit the Saturday night special mentality and possibly ban these type of pocket pistols as well as high cap semi automatics, with that bunch they are only limited by their imaginations.

Get the 380 and carry it always. I like my 45 better but the little KT is always there.

Its a great pocket carry gun, but you really need to be careful with the cleaning and maintence of it. Due to sweat, I am hearing more and more reports of springs rusting and breaking. I noticed it on my P3AT myself. Take care of the springs! Of course with the customer service, fixig it is not an issue. You just don't want to discover the problem when your life depends on it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I have had one for a couple of years. It serves it's purpose. It's a gun I put in my "better than not having a gun" category. It's not a lot of fun to shoot or practice with and I had to spend a fair amount of time to get it to run reliably on ball ammo. Forget HPs.
    ---
    It is said that the nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    If you won't/can't wear a cover garment and need to have a tucked in shirt, then a P3AT is probably the ultimate pocket piece. It's light weight and flat profile makes it ideal. Even a J frame can make a bulge that is uncomfortable or prints. With a mag extension you have 8 rounds which isn't too bad.

Mine is ultra reliable and pretty accurate too. It can be finickey with some JHP but likes gold dots well enough and I usually load up with FMJ anyway.

I think they're good values and the best all round pocket carry of all I've tried or researched.

Mine has never had a failure thru 50 fmj's and 70 JHP's. I know alot of you like to run more thru a gun before you carry it, but I thought it was a sufficient test. Great summer gun, for shorts and tank tops, and with the sticker price, you don't agonize over roughing up the finish a little.

I love my j-frame and am a revolver man but I just bought a Kel-tec p3at a couple of weeks back and shot it for the first time today. Been carrying it since I got it but couldn't get a chance to shoot it till today. Put 108 rds of different ammo, had a hodge podge of .380 that included Winchester, Remington, Wolf some others I don't remember, and only had one failure to fire. But it was a ammo issue, bullet had got pushed back in the case.
    Only thing I can say is watch where you put your support hand. This is my first auto and I forgot about the slide and got gazed a couple of times when it came back. LOL!!

Mine goes with me everywhere. Sitting at the computer right now and it's resting nicely in my back pocket. So comfortable ya'll forget it's there.

i thought about getting one,but decided if i want a smaller gun the Ruger lcp .380 might be the better way to go for me.

Ruger’s New LCP Lightweight .380 Pocket Pistol

http://www.gunblast.com/CrimsonTrace-LCP.htm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links