Cz 97b?

This is a discussion on Cz 97b? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here own one of these guns? How are they as far as reliability? I'm considering one and haven't read/heard much about this model. Also ...

Thread: Cz 97b?

Cz 97b?

Anyone here own one of these guns? How are they as far as reliability? I'm considering one and haven't read/heard much about this model. Also does anyone know where to find mags for this gun,and will the Mecgar EAA .45ACP witness mags work in the 97?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don't own one myself, but from what I understand they are like the rest of the CZ line, accurate and solid performers. Below is the link to the CZ Forum.

CZ Forum - Index
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    If you want great info on that 97B go to the CZ Forum. Them folks will send you in the right direction for mags also. I shot one and it was very accurate, fed everything we put in the mags (alternating brands and bullet weights). and the recoil felt less than my Springer 1911. It is a big semi-auto and too large for my small hands to use as a ccw. I have shot a few of their 9mm's and was impressed with their all around quality and accuracy. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; December 27th, 2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: sp
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I used to have a 97b. Very reliable and OMG accurate. The front sight fell of mine due to a manufacturing glitch ( there was supposed to be a groove in the bottom of the sight that a pin fit into to hold the sight on but it wasnt cut into it) Sent back to factory for a repair and they fixed it no problem. They also replaced the slide stop w/ a new one as the old one was too soft.

I did occasionally carry it but it was too heavy for me to carry regularly.

I have small hands so it was difficult to reach the trigger when firing double action/ hammer down. That is probably the biggest complaint about them.
    I couldn't fire the gun one handed.

I ended up trading it to get a Glock 26. And that gun I don't have any trouble reaching the trigger w/ one hand.

If you have big hands it is a great gun. Before you buy one try gripping one and you'll see what I mean.
    Question Everything!

Links