Seecamp .32 Reviews

Seecamp .32 Reviews

This is a discussion on Seecamp .32 Reviews within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, so I get a great deal on a Seecamp .32, as I wanted a true pocket gun besides a J-frame. I happily go to ...

Seecamp .32 Reviews

OK, so I get a great deal on a Seecamp .32, as I wanted a true pocket gun besides a J-frame. I happily go to my primary gun store to test it, only to have them GO OFF on how it is a piece of junk that needs to have the screws tightened after 50 shots, I got hosed, and should have got a Guardian as it is the same gun with the benefits of computer parts cutting versus human. All I have ever heard is that the Seecamp is a great gun. I put 50 rounds through it flawlessly, but my bubble is a little popped nonetheless. I used the search engine to see if this has been previously discussed specifically, and if it was, I missed it. So tell me people, am I a putz? I really want to like this gun...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

I've put hundreds of rounds through mine without a hitch but let yours prove itself to you! It's not a plinker = and it's not made to be one; but I still cycle a couple of magazines through mine every month or so.

Your gunshop friends are poorly informed. Go to visit the seecamp forum for better company!

It is a little picky about ammo - I use wwb Q4255 for practice ammo and silvertips for carry and have never had a problem with mine.

I agree with MrsFosforos, your gunshop has very poor info. You have THE best most concealable pocket pistol made. The Guardian is a decent gun but a LONG way off second place compaired to your Seecamp. If you do decide to toss it let me know. I'm always looking for a deal on a Seecamp!!!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    In twenty years I've never had to tighten the grip screw.

Your gunshop friends are poorly informed.
    To say the least.

The Seecamp is now made on CNC machines, and has been for many years.
    Not to knock the Guardian (a fine pistol), but NAA still can't make their own frames. Seecamp has always made, (read "cut") their own.

So tell me people, am I a putz? I really want to like this gun...
    Only if you ever listened to "Your gunshop friends" again would you be a putz.

May I suggest you invite one of these guys to try your new Seecamp, then invite him to comment. At least then it would be from experience.

My guess is that your local gun store guys are unhappy you bought from someone other than them.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Experts, experts, experts..bottom line, your gun, your dollars, and who really gives a flip what others think. Opinions mean little, as I prefer facts. Luck with your gun.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    You need to find a new gun store. Everybody has an opinion, theirs is just wrong!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Sponsor
    I've had a Seecamp for something like 20 plus years. It's always been reliable, it's never had to have a grip screw tightened, it's got at least 400 rds through it in that time and it's as serviceable as the day I bought it.

The Seecamp is THE 32 auto others will always be judged against.

You've got a great gun in the Seecamp 32, forget the gun store guys, they know not what they are speaking about. The Seecamp's rep is superlative and always has been over many years. If the gun shop guys haven't got that information they are suspect as to any knowledge they may have about near anything IMO.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I'm feeling better now! I DID notice that they don't sell any in their store, so thought that might play a part, but they believed what they were saying. I appreciate everyone's input.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    OK, so I get a great deal on a Seecamp .32
    Does that mean it is used or did you find a new one? I suggest you check out the Seecamp website and Forum for cleaning, maintenance and ammo ideas. Larry Seecamp actively participates on the forum and is good about answering any questions you may have. The pistol is a bit different than most guns and they do have their, shall we say... excentricities. Good luck.

I've begun to take what gun shop guys say with a big grain of salt. I've done business with three shops in my area, and two of them bad-mouthed each other on an unsolicited basis. And they all seem to have at least one arrogant salesman.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Does that mean it is used or did you find a new one? I suggest you check out the Seecamp website and Forum for cleaning, maintenance and ammo ideas. Larry Seecamp actively participates on the forum and is good about answering any questions you may have. The pistol is a bit different than most guns and they do have their, shall we say... excentricities. Good luck.
    It is new. Thanks much for the site, I just spent the morning there, based on my middling level of gun knowledge, it seems the size of these guns requires greater attention to bullet choice and cleaning. If these items are carefully adhered to, then it works great, if not, it won't. Like people who own a temperamental British car, the Seecamp fans love the eccentricities as part of the whole experience, whereas folks who want to bang away for 200 rounds with no worries are apt to be irritated by them. Given its specific application (last ditch, last chance defense in an amazingly concealable package) I think it's a great gun. You just can't treat it like a full-size 1911 and expect it to hum along for round after round.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post
    they all seem to have at least one arrogant salesman.
    That is so true. He's the guy who does everything he can to make you feel like a moron for asking a question. Every shop has one. Mommy didn't pay enough attention, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    OK, so I get a great deal on a Seecamp .32, as I wanted a true pocket gun besides a J-frame. I happily go to my primary gun store to test it, only to have them GO OFF on how it is a piece of junk that needs to have the screws tightened after 50 shots, I got hosed, and should have got a Guardian as it is the same gun with the benefits of computer parts cutting versus human. All I have ever heard is that the Seecamp is a great gun. I put 50 rounds through it flawlessly, but my bubble is a little popped nonetheless. I used the search engine to see if this has been previously discussed specifically, and if it was, I missed it. So tell me people, am I a putz? I really want to like this gun...
    It amazes me that with as many gun stores there are in the US somehow they are all staffed by "experts". Funny how with things of this nature how having an interest in something equates to being an expert.

Links