SA problems

This is a discussion on SA problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have this new(less than 100 rnd) SA Champion. Dang slide stop drops on it's own and is getting worse. Called my friend who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA problems

Lead Moderator

SA problems

So I have this new(less than 100 rnd) SA Champion. Dang slide stop drops on it's own and is getting worse. Called my friend who has a Auto ord. .45. Borrowed his slide stop and amazing , it works just fine in my SA. Of course this cannot be the problem, SA wants it back to repair the problem. So I pay my $35 shipping and sent it back today. Had I been thinking, I would have ordered a new Wilson slide stop instead. Hopefully SA will get it right. I will let you all know how it turns out.
    Kinda makes me wish I had bought the HK P2000sk instead.

2. Remove Ads

Dang i would have just ordered a slide stop ... I dont see how SA can say that isnt the problem ..

Let me knock on wood so far i Havent had any problems with SA 1911

Lead Moderator
    I may order a after market slide stop any way. Just makes me mad, they cannot ship me a slide stop. Would be cheaper for me, and them too.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Hey ya can't always get it 100% right.
    Yep...I probably would have gone with the Wilson first before shipping the firearm back...but, look on the bright side. Yes, there IS a bright side.
    Usually the S.A. smiths will go over the entire pistol & you'll probably end up with a better overall tuned pistol for your $35.00
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Send Springfield a copy of the shipping reciept. They will reinburse you for shipping on warranty work. I am surprised the customer service rep did not tell you this when you got your RMA#.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

EXACTLY, I know they'll pay yer shipping. most of the time they will include a check in the box when ya get it back so yer out nothing but the gun for a few weeks.
    they'll take care of ya and like was said by QK, they'll go over the whole gun and it'll be better than if if werked right out of the box cuz it will have had "special attention" from a smith.
    at least thats how i look at mine.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Been there...I wish you would have posted before shipping it...I might have suggested getting an RMA# and/or buying a new slide stop. To me, being without the piece for weeks is much more of a hassle. Also, you may want to take a closer look at your mags/springs...I've seen worn out springs cause the same malfunction (although in that case you would have feeding problems too, more than likley). Good luck.
    Guns don't kill people; People with mustaches kill people.

Lead Moderator
    SA didn't mention paying the shipping charges. As for being with out my 1911, I have a HK USP that is my winter carrry gun. The SA is going to be my summer carrry gun, providing they get it fixed. All the mags are new , that I have run thru the gun. Will get a hold of SA and ask em about paying for the shipping, thanks for the heads up guys.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    SA has a long list of parts they refuse to ship out for the XD series, I am surprised they are going that route with the 1911's also. They told me it was a liability to have a customer change the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker
    SA has a long list of parts they refuse to ship out for the XD series, I am surprised they are going that route with the 1911's also. They told me it was a liability to have a customer change the parts.
    Whats so odd about that most companys wont ship you out parts smith wont nor will glock or colt or almost any company ruger might if its something simple

Assistant Administrator
    I did tho Bud a year or two ago have Para Ordnance ship me a new mag release (for P12.45) - the original just was not catching the mag reliably.

They mailed it - I fitted it - job done

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and - to add - Ruger (bless 'em) when I got in touch to ask for a coupla spare giude rod end circlips (they ping off but in fact only retain spring to make reassembly easier) - sent me three - AND - a whole new recoil assembly. Guide rod and spring. Brilliant!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Its great when they will im all for it but am not surprised when they wont..

Liabilty now is such a joke were restricted to what i can send out to for customers to install

Springfield has a very good customer service section. The folks there were very nice and receptive to my problem. The barrel on my SA 1911 developed a hairline crack at the muzzle. I sent them the barrel and some digital pictures of the crack. They in turn sent me a new barrel, all in about 8 days. Love the lifetime warranty, and they paid shipping. That was last year.
    "Yes, It's Loaded"

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker
    Can't see any liability in a field strip part replacement.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Whats so odd about that most companys wont ship you out parts smith wont nor will glock or colt or almost any company ruger might if its something simple
    When did S&W stop mailing parts? I got a few for my 3913 last summer. (ejector, guide rod and spring,and fireing pin spring) they had a list with a picture of the gun and you call and tell them what number you want. Kimber sent parts a few years back also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links