Glock 30 sf

Glock 30 sf

This is a discussion on Glock 30 sf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just picked up a new glock 30(sf). fored about 150 rounds today without a problem (It's a glock). The weapon is accurate, and easy to ...

Thread: Glock 30 sf

Glock 30 sf

just picked up a new glock 30(sf). fored about 150 rounds today without a problem (It's a glock). The weapon is accurate, and easy to shhot. extremely low recoil. I was shooting winchester white bos 230 ball. then switched to win 230gr +p ranger, I loaded a mag with different types of ammo and the weapon functioned flawlessly. this is a great CCW. I have many many, glocks,sig's berettas, and H&K's. this so far is my favorite. It knocks the crap out of my kimber Pro carry II.

congrats on the new glock, I bought a glock 26 this last week and loved how it performed at the range. I still feel better carrying my XD45 or my Kimber but the glock is perfect when i just want a small frame to carry
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

The g30 is a great choice. That is what I carry all the time. The only issues I've ever had with it - it doesn't like semi-wadcutters. I bought mine before they introduced the sf, but it doesn't matter the 30 is a great gun, very small and with an extra mag you've got 21 rounds with you - more than enough.

Congrats on a great choice!
    S&W 625
    Glock 21
    Glock 30

This is my glock. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Nice congrats!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Glock 30

Yes, I have a 23 27 and a 36, The 36 is nice. Only 6rnds though and hard to hit after 20yds. The 30 is a tack driver at 25 yds, 10 plus in the pipe. I but most of my leather from Kirkpatrick leater in El Paso TX. They make a great product and reasonalably priced. My carry rounds are the Win 230+P Ranger T-series. I also have a few Sigs, The 220 220 carry, 245 226 (9mm) and a 239. My 1911's consist of a kimber Pro carryII, Para LTC S&W PD and a Gov't Issue Remington rand (5in). and still the Glock 30 is my choice to carry. Not bragging about what I own for guns. Just saying I have alot to choose from and I always choose the Glock 30

The G30sf was my first Glock. Up to the time I purchased the Glock I was a 1911 guy with the exception of a Sig 228 in the arsenal. I bought the G30sf and was a bit surprised at how much I liked this weapon. Soft shooter, reliable, all the accuracy I deserve and boy is it easy to clean. I recently went out and purchased a G32 (357sig) and most likely will add either a G19 or G26 sometime early next year. Yes, I still love my 1911's and shoot them quite a bit. The Glock's are very much my go to weapons.
    Last edited by JrHawk; December 29th, 2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: readability

Hawk
    Roger on the 1911's, I also like shooting them. However I have had a few malfunctions on my 1911's. More so with the Kimber than the Para. But I have yet to have a single malfunction on my Glock or my Sigs. a Glock 30 with a spare magazine give you 21 rounds of 45acp. That coupled with some good shooting skills and tactics's make's you a very formitable oponent to the BG's out there.

I can't believe you bought one of those plastic pieces of junk.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Glock30 SF
    obviously you are not a glock fan.

MP1SG,

As I see you own both, what is your opinion of the overall grip dimension of the G30SF vs the G23. I've never had the opportunity to touchy-feely the 30SF but like the size of the G23/19 frame (had a G21 that was just too much of a handful).
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

martial
    I actually own a G23 and a G27. The G30 is very similar in size to the 23. I have large hands so the big grip on the 30 is not an issue for me. I like the fact I can carry a 45acp with 10+rnds, plus the G30 is an extremely soft shooting gud, and very accurate.

martial
    also the slides (just the slide) of the G30 and the 23 are exactly the same length. Obviously the barrel length is smaller on the 30. To sum it up, the G30 is a little smaller than the 23 and a little bigger than the 27. To me I have found the perfect CCw in a 45acp. (My opinion only)

martial
    I actually own a G23 and a G27. The G30 is very similar in size to the 23. I have large hands so the big grip on the 30 is not an issue for me. I like the fact I can carry a 45acp with 10+rnds, plus the G30 is an extremely soft shooting gud, and very accurate.

Sponsored Links