Picked up my new PT1911

This is a discussion on Picked up my new PT1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have noticed that the left side of the frame is scratching the slide, forward of the rails. The slide seems to want to rest ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up my new PT1911

Update: Scratches on slide

I have noticed that the left side of the frame is scratching the slide, forward of the rails. The slide seems to want to rest on the left side of the frame. You can just make it out in the left photo in my original posting.
    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Doesn't seem to be affecting the shooting (yet), and there are no obvious signs of damage which would cause this.

2. Remove Ads

Post 1000 rnd. Update

I figured out that the scratching on the slide is coming from the guide rod being a little bent. I noticed it during cleaning after the second trip to the range. Since I didn't want to wait for Taurus' customer service to take care of it, I bought a Wilson drop-in replacement. Works like a charm!
    Anyways, I just finished putting a total of 1000 rds through it, and it is great! A couple small magazine related failures to hold the slide open after the last round, but no biggy. I am getting my Wilson mags delivered tomorrow, along with the Hogue wrap around grips.
    Of the 1000 rounds, about 1/3 were my carry ammo - 230 gr Gold Dots. I have yet to find an ammunition this gun doesn't like to chamber.
    I tried a little dirty-gun test. I had not cleaned it since my previous range trip when I put about 300 rounds through. This time out, after an additional 200 rounds, I began getting FTFire on Blazer alloy-cased. They did fire on the 2nd attempt. Didn't happen on the other brands (Magtech and S&B). I am thinking it was a combination of hard primers and a very dirty firing pin channel.
    I am finally getting used to the Heine straight 8 sights, and my proficiency is beginning to improve.
    Overall, I love this gun and have every confidence that it will be ready and perform when I need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links