Glock M27 or other options

This is a discussion on Glock M27 or other options within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's time for me to deploy overseas again so when I get back I want to add another toy for carry and pleasure. I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock M27 or other options

Glock M27 or other options

It's time for me to deploy overseas again so when I get back I want to add another toy for carry and pleasure. I am thinking of an Glock 27 or any other similar weapons. The M&P40 is out of the game since my wife has the 9mm. I was thinking about a Sig P226 also.

Does anyone have any imput?

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

2. Remove Ads

I have the Glock 27 and carry it and a spare magazine in a smart carry holster and it works perfect for me.

I don't think I would try and carry something bigger in the smart carry, but I think the 27 is the perfect size for that type of carry.
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Proud NRA member
    Iron Butt #26949

G26 in either a Crossbreed SuperTuck or Gary Brommeland's Max Con V... both have worked well for me. OMO
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Personally I really like Glocks, but I would also like to remind you (since you mentioned the 226) that you might want to consider the SIG P229... it's one of the guns that I'm considering right now to add to my collection... I had considered the P229 before buying my Glock 23... now I'm actually considering the P229 9mm... more economical to shoot 9mm's.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The G-27 is a great choice! You can conceal it easy, it's light, holds 10 rounds, can be easily converted to 9mm, can interchange magazines with higher capacity models; all advantages the Sig doesn't have. The Sig is great, but costs more, and is heavy. After a while, the extra weight becomes a nuisance.

A-N-D the Sig does not come in OD!!!!!!

The G27 is a really nice little package!

I like the 27 but also have the 22. Much prefer the 22 to shoot mainly because I have big hands and the 27 is a little short on grip to do much shooting. For a mag or 2 it's OK but after that...I want a 23. It's in the middle. Easy to conceal, plenty of bangs, and easy to grip for a long day. Also take a look at the 36 (45 cal.) It's on my long list of things to get! And yes, the Sigs have a lot to offer. If you like or want another 9mm, I really like the Bereta 92fs and the PX4. Both are scary accurate and I like the DA/SA/decocker. Have a good trip and be safe. Thanks.

I've carried a G27 since the early 90's, and I love it. As a primary CCW, or a BUG, I also carried it as my primary on duty sometimes, with G22 magazines. Put a good set of night sights on it, a pinky extension, and never look back.

My EDC gun is the Glock 27. Aside from being a very reliable, accurate weapon, you can get it cheaper by taking advantage of the Homeland Security Discount offered by Glock. I got mine for $418.63 out the door. You can't go wrong with a Glock because Glocks Rock!
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

I just bought a G27 yesterday. I Put a box of ammo through it today. Seems to shoot well, I will know better a few hundred rounds from now. I did put a pinky extension on it. It had a sharp edge on it that bit me a little. I filed it down some. I don't think it will be a problem....

Great gun, mine has been rode very hard...

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I'm sorry about this hijack, but I have the G27 and would love to be able to convert it to 9mm. How do I do that?

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    The G-27 is a great choice! You can conceal it easy, it's light, holds 10 rounds, can be easily converted to 9mm, can interchange magazines with higher capacity models; all advantages the Sig doesn't have. The Sig is great, but costs more, and is heavy. After a while, the extra weight becomes a nuisance.

A-N-D the Sig does not come in OD!!!!!!

Congratulations on the 27! I think you'll find that it is rock-solid dependable.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Yamikaze View Post
    I just bought a G27 yesterday. I Put a box of ammo through it today. Seems to shoot well, I will know better a few hundred rounds from now. I did put a pinky extension on it. It had a sharp edge on it that bit me a little. I filed it down some. I don't think it will be a problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Colt 45 View Post
    I'm sorry about this hijack, but I have the G27 and would love to be able to convert it to 9mm. How do I do that?

Max
    I don't think you can do that. Far as I know, the only other barrel that will work in the G27 other than the G27 is the G33 barrel converting it to 357sig. I could be wrong though. I'd almost bet somebody has tried a G26 barrel in a G27, but I wouldn't suggest it. Call Glock tech support when you get the chance. 1-770-432-1202 You may be able to find something aftermarket for the purpose, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
    Here's one from topglock.com...under $100...converts G27 to 9mm standard, then all you'd need are G26 mags. That barrel may be longer than the stock G27 barrel though.
    http://tinyurl.com/8g2k7b
    Apparently Lone Wolf makes one as well....stock G27 barrel length.
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4298

By the way...be sure and read the fine print or warnings on any website! Lone Wolf specifically states and I quote: "Notice: About 1% of our 9mm conversion barrels are affected by the poor performance of Winchester White Box (WWB) and/or Remington (UMC) 115 grain ammunition and may fail to extract reliably. For more information email us direct at lonewolf@lonewolfdist.com."

a g27 is a nice carry gun. but if your wife has a 9mm i would look at the g26. that way you only have to buy 9mm ammo for both of your guns.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links