Christmas Toy

This is a discussion on Christmas Toy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, my wife and partner surprised me with Colt Combat Commander, chambered in .38 Super. It is a Series 80, MK IV and is in ...

Thread: Christmas Toy

Christmas Toy

Well, my wife and partner surprised me with Colt Combat Commander, chambered in .38 Super. It is a Series 80, MK IV and is in really good shape considering how much sand I pulled out of it.
    It is stock but will have a sight transplant in the very near future, if it shoots "minute of whopper" at the range.

I am still learning about the caliber, if anyone has info: good/bad/indifferent, please lemme know.

I cannnot wait to get it to the range and see what it can do.

(Sorry about the "generic" pic; haven't thought of a holster I want for it yet. It is running around in a beater OWB for now.)

Cheers!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Congrats Dave! Nice 1911.

Been meaning to say a big thanks for the IWB you did for me. Mrs. Santa's sister (from Bad Santa) just let me take it out from under the tree a cpl of days ago. Looking forward to breaking it in.
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

Congrats. I know that a lot of you guys like the 1911. It is just plain too big for me to aduquately hold on to.

DblTap

I am glad you finally got to get your holster. I really hope you like it. I need to build something for this... gotta put mine in line w/ everyone else. LOL.

Hey NavDoc. I understand the issues you mentioned; I have quite a few customers who really love the 1911 but can't get a good hold on it. I ran into a guy who had some really ULTRA thin grips... they were like wafers. He then had it bobbed and was thinking of getting rid of the grip safety so it would fit better. He was rather determined. LOL.

Ditto on the "Congrats" Dave. Looks like a very nice Christmas for you. In case you missed my post, I'd like to say thanks for the holster and mag holders you did for me. Exactly what I wanted and EXACTLY what I expected of your work. Email me when you have time, I need two more holsters. Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Merry Christmas to you!

Good looking 1911. Sounds like the wife is a keeper.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Congrats, on both the 1911 and wife! Nice .38 Super Colt Combat Commander!

My Wife....

My Wife is kinda scary. When we got married, I asked what she wanted for our new apartment in Richmond Hill, Ga while I was stationed at Ft. Stewart. Anyways, she said: "I want a Mossberg, sawed off, pistol grip, pump action, 12 gauge, shotgun!!" I about fell over. I knew she liked to shoot, blah, blah, but WOW! So, I went to a shop in Midway and bought one for her.

Another great story is she shot my used Kimber TLE. When we got home she said: "It's mine. Go get whatever you want. I will give you the money." HUH?? is all I could say. So, I got a great HK 45 USP and a bunch of mags. WOW!

Yeah, she's a keeper!

Congrats on both the gun and the wife!!!LOL
    My Uncle has one like that he has had it for over 10yrs or so..
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Links