Another Kimber and another range report

This is a discussion on Another Kimber and another range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nobody told me to watch out for this but apparently Kimbers can multiply. I started out with the Ultra Raptor and, low and behold, an ...

Thread: Another Kimber and another range report

Nobody told me to watch out for this but apparently Kimbers can multiply. I started out with the Ultra Raptor and, low and behold, an Ultra Crimson Carry joined the family last week!

I had a chance to get to the range today and was a little nervous that I might be in for some FTFs and some other junk since I was so lucky with the Raptor. I put about 150 rounds down range and had zero issues. Again. I'm starting to really love these pistols!

The laser is pretty darn sweet. The standard sights aren't anything to write home about but the CT grips more than make up for them. I was quite accurate, for me, out to 15 yards which is as far as I tried them today.

There are two small things that are on my mind at this point. The first is the safety - I'm a lefty so need to replace it with a cut down ambi. The second is the finish on the slide. I suspect it's going to get pretty dinged up. I was shooting from the far right lane and the brass was coming back off the wall and one piece hit the slide and nicked it up. Not a big deal since it's not supposed to be pretty but I may send it off to Robar at some point to be refinished.

All in all, Kimber rocks!

And before anyone says it...pics to be posted tomorrow!

I got the same gun..already have a tiny scratch on it (bottom edge of slide) from cleaning and letting the slide slip along the release leaver.(bang head against wall)

I'm to loving this gun 300 rounds only two FTfeeds and that was my doing. It aims itself better than I can aim it....the laser is awesome...yes the sights are rather archaic but meh, I'll upgrade to night sites soon..

Never had a Kimber before, and never shot one till I owned one. I'm now spoiled with how it performs and my XD.45 is jealous. I like the single action and hammer.

Took me a bit extra to learn how to break down a 1911..but wasn't much different from any other SA.

TO say the least, I'm extremely proud of this gift and it performance. :)

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    sshhhhhh....you guys keep it down...you may wake up the Kimber haters

LOL.... they can hate all they want. They're probably just jealous anyways.....hehe.

Links