List Any You Know Of - Page 2

List Any You Know Of

This is a discussion on List Any You Know Of within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; naw there still around just expensive...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: List Any You Know Of

naw there still around just expensive

The Sig is a great choice. If you *could* do without the manual safety, the Kahr line is a great value. As far as no safety, it's DAO. If no pull trigger, gun not go "BANG"!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

http://www.bersa-llama.com/cat_thunder9.html

I know...it has an external safety.
    But it's a nice one, worth taking a look at.

How about a 6946? double stack 9mm like the 6906.......but in DAO........Stainless with Alloy frame, making it light, and durable..3.5 inch BBl...........along with user friendly controls..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Well it's come down to this.

A Kahr is too heavy apparently. The polymer version may still be an option however, as it is lighter.

The Kel Tec is light enough but I want something better for her if possible.

I adore my aunt but $1200+ for a P7 is just not going to happen I'm sorry!

I'm really not impressed too much with anything else in the size category. I am going to a gun show this weekend. I will see if I can find something, anything.

The good news is that she is open to a compact revolver now it seems. I may go that route for her. Trying to find a self loading pistol to her specifications has not been too productive.

The Smith and Wesson autoloader is an attractive suggestion but since I'm looking for used by default if I go that way, availability may not be there.

The other good news is it's still a couple of months I'd have to put any gun through its paces. If it turns out to be a dud I could deal with it for her.

Euc/ how bout one of those S&W Sigma series 9MM guns (SW9VE) cheapo money even in the new gun.. very ergonomic grip, hi cap mage, polymar frame, good sights on it, and they work well..

Here's a hard Chrome P7 for ya.. with night sights..
    Attached Images

I think she'd judge it to be too big.

Her needs are very particular... the gun must be small but not too small if that makes any sense. Her Bersa Thunder 380 is about the perfect size.

Hey, a S&W J-frame or Colt Det. Special - problem solved! Some of my best friends carry J-frames. LOL
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I think she'd judge it to be too big.

Her needs are very particular... the gun must be small but not too small if that makes any sense. Her Bersa Thunder 380 is about the perfect size.
    ya can't have it Euc..........LOL..............it's mine....(the P7).....allll mine LOL I have a blue one too <snicker>

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Hey, a S&W J-frame or Colt Det. Special - problem solved! Some of my best friends carry J-frames. LOL
    Jack
    I'm thinking that's what it's going to have to come down to. Something with a 2 an 1/4" barrel or perhaps a tad longer might work for her.

There's no safety, and if I get her one in .357 chambering she can try to shoot up to a more powerful round.

She wants a 9mm partly because the ammo is cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    ya can't have it Euc..........LOL..............it's mine....(the P7).....allll mine LOL I have a blue one too <snicker>
    Eh no offense I think the P7 is neat as a button on a shirt but it's not $1200 neat. I can get a pretty good custom rifle built at that kind of money.

I do think it's a shame the squeeze cock mechanism isn't more common. That seems like a good idea.

What about a 3" revolver in 9mm.

I agree with ya Euc.............not a 1200.00 gun for sure............i remember I bought em for 375.00 which is ok in my books..
    Like the rest of the Forum is advising...........how about a J Frame wheelie? SP101? or similar?

Lightbulb

Euclidean, in a semi, the only thing available in a 9mm with no external safety is a glock.
    Try this out for size. Taurus 85 multi-alloy DAO (15 oz.)only in .38 spec. I have had mine for about 5 years. Just a wonderful piece.
    .38 special is just as cheap as 9mm to shoot. 9mm pistol cost alot more to purchase than a revolver. Less is more, for her anyway...

Well I'll go look this weekend. The good news is that she's at least interested enough in her own protection that she wants something better than what she had. She wants something that hits harder and is easier to use.

Her current gun would be fine if not for the fact she has difficulty operating the controls. She can load and field strip it just fine.

She's fun to shop before because she's so darn particular. I was going to trade my CZ 75 I picked up for a compact CZ and give her that, but she went and tried on one for size and said that wouldn't do at all. "It's too complicated for me to actually shoot someone with it" were her exact words and I think I can empathize with that. Give someone the physical ability to alternate between condition 1 and 2 for safe carry and you might confuse them in a hurry.

I think I'll look for a J or K frame sized wheelgun. The 3" SP101 may be the ticket. It is kind of heavy but not that heavy. She wants to shoot a more powerful round, so the .357 chambering might be the way to go. Start with .38s and then try some light magnums out for size.

We've worked out a deal where she thinks I'm going to find something that cost the same as her other gun (it won't), and she'll take both of them for about 8 months and decide which one she likes better and I'll take the other one. So if it doesn't work for her at all, she's making do with her current gun so no big setback.

However I anticipate I'll wind up with a Bersa I don't really want in my possession.

Quote Originally Posted by artz
    Euclidean, in a semi, the only thing available in a 9mm with no external safety is a glock.
    Sigs? XDs? DAO Smiths? ;)

"Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays!"

Euc? I was just thinking here.........How about one of those Manurin Walthers in 380? cheap enough, and not bad on the Female hand.. Polish P64 pistol (looks like a walther) in 9x18 mak..One of those older S&W Sigma (SW9??) series compact 9mm guns? They have no external controls, but have no last shot slide open operations..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links