Extra Compact CCW Weapon

This is a discussion on Extra Compact CCW Weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If your interested in an airweight. I would suggest the 638 Smith and Wesson with the shrouded hammer as a backup carry gun. I use ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra Compact CCW Weapon

If your interested in an airweight. I would suggest the 638 Smith and Wesson with the shrouded hammer as a backup carry gun. I use this as a backup to my XD9.

MsXD9

[B]"When seconds count police are minutes away"!

2. Remove Ads

I carry a JFrame .38 as BUG or primary when in situations like you stated. Great gun, possible the best reputation on the planet for guns of it's type. I went Airweight with enclosed hammer (as to keep out any pocket lint...).

Affordable, potent, lightweight, small, ultra reliable and years of holsters and research available. I am an auto guy but I love this wheel gun...it does what it was designed to do, plain and simple!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OLYXDGUY View Post
    I presently Carry at Springfield XD 45 Compact as my CCW Weapon. I'm looking for something more compact possibly a pocket weapon or something that I can conceal regardless of what I'm wearing.. I tend to wear business clothes and I swing dance allot.. I would like to limit the amount of time I am unarmed and be able to carry regardless of what I'm wearing and what I'm doing..

I was thinking about the LCP.. Any Ideas?

I'm about 5'11 250ish.. Husky Build..

Thanks,

John
    The XD 45 was one of my two top choices when I finally decided on the M&P 45. They are about the same size, if I recall correctly. I EDC the M&P 45 in a SmartCarry holster. It works well with everything I wear, especially business attire.

I EDC the LCP as a BUG. I have found it very reliable, very accurate and, for me, kind of fun to shoot. My hand can hurt if I try to shoot it too long at one session.

The nice thing about the LCP is it fits comfortably in my pants front pocket. I may not arm myself around the house with my M&P, but I'm always armed with the LCP.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

You cannot go wrong with the LCP. For the size, this little guy shoots great. I could not believe that a gun this size could hold a 4" pattern at 15-yards, but it does. Since I cannot carry my SA 1911 Loaded, M&P 40 or M&P 9C in all situations, this little fills in the gaps.

My little post recall bundle of joy:
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

I just picked up a 642 with CT. Held an LCP lastnight for the first time. Cool gun...very small but I still like my 642 better.

Talking

I'm setting here with a S&W 642 J-frame on my hip right now and forgot I even had it on. I just picked this up a couple weeks ago and coulnd't be more pleased. I await my P239 CCW to replace my current P226.

Stay well armed and protected and life will be good -
    ...T. Ray

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Since it seems we're doing pics , here are my two entries... the Kahr PM9 and the Kel Tec P3AT. Both in Milt Sparks pocket holsters.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I carry a XD 45c also. I have a Walther PPS on order (should have bought it when i first saw it, now I can't find one) but looked at the Kahr PM 9 too. The Kahr is a really small gun - I liked it but the shop didn't have a rental to try. I thought about the Ruger, but I have 2 XD's a 9mm and the 45, and don't want to add another caliber to the stable (plus 380 ammo is expensive!!).

Depends on whether you like revolver or auto. If you lean towards autos, I don't think you could do much better than the Kahr PM-9. Virtually disappears in an IWB holster and pocket carries very easily. It is thinner than the cylinder of any J-frame sized revolver plus gives you 2 more rounds (6+1) with the smallest magazine. On top of that, it's not much larger than the LCP though it is about twice the weight. But, you get a much more powerful cartridge.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

The PM9 is going to be hard to beat for a high quality auto. I have hundreds of rounds through mine without problems once the first 100 rounds had been fired. An excellent pistol for pocket carry, the PM9 has a very smooth trigger as well.

I will admit though that I am also lusting after a Walther PPS.

NAA Guardian with BB Gold dots, better ballistics than a 38 with Hydrashoks. I have two Guardians and I love them!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

pps great for pocket carry,very comfortable to shoot
    m&p9,sp101,glock27,walther pps

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I also carry the XD .45 compact, and picked up a Ruger LCP last weekend for BU and summer-time "lite carry".

I took the LCP to the range for the 1st time today and was amazed how well it grouped for such a small gun. It basically has no sights, but quickly found out you don't really need them. I was doing point and shoot double taps and it was easy to keep 'em in the 8 ring at 5-7 yds, (which is as about as far as I would rely on such a small piece in a shoot-out).

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    3" 1911

xd sub compact :)
    Springfield Armory TRP OPERATOR .45ACP
    Kimber Ultra CDPII .45ACP
    Sig Sauer ELITE Stainless .45ACP
    S&W Model 627 performance center v-comp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links