Springfield XD!

This is a discussion on Springfield XD! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would welcome any forum member to open up a new thread topic on the merits of doing a speed/tactical load VS reloading the defensive ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield XD!

Administrator
    I would welcome any forum member to open up a new thread topic on the merits of doing a speed/tactical load VS reloading the defensive firearm from a firearm empty slide locked condition.

In this thread please try to stick to offering answers to the specific questions being asked by the forum member who posting this thread. Thanks.

cnc-marine ~ While your initial comment was not out in "Left Field" - the fact that your comment was misunderstood and off topic in relation to his original thread questions plus the additional follow~up comments & question, rebuttal & explanations have now served to throw the entire original thread somewhere off into left field.

A note to all: Please try to help the forum member by staying "on topic" with answers to his original questions.

2. Remove Ads

Excellent Class3NH,

I will pass your suggestion's as well as eveyones suggestions on to my buddy.

Thank you for your time. As I said I know nothing about the XD as I only own 1911's and revolvers, So I wasn't much help to him.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Excellent Class3NH,

I will pass your suggestion's as well as eveyones suggestions on to my buddy.

Thank you for your time. As I said I know nothing about the XD as I only own 1911's and revolvers, So I wasn't much help to him.

Ti.
    You're very welcome TI .. If you look at your 1911 mags......(as I believe you have a 1911 by the pic of your Avitar) ...they even have the very same step in the follower...... ... Most of the 1911 mag followers are of sheet steel (unless they're the hight quality nylon types) and that "step" you see, can be bent slightly upward by use of needle nose plyers, to facilitate a more positive slide stop operation. (please see the below Pix to observe what I'm attempting to explain)
    Check the XDs follower, as I believe it's slightly worn (rounded edges ) or rounded on the surface where the slide stop contacts the follower..
    What ever he does, tell him YOU want first dibs on his XD, should he decide to sell it!
    Attached Images
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links