Bought Two Sigs Today

This is a discussion on Bought Two Sigs Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What the heck is going on around here? Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sig bandwagon, what did Chris pass out some "special" kool-aid? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought Two Sigs Today

Senior Moderator
    What the heck is going on around here? Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sig bandwagon, what did Chris pass out some "special" kool-aid?
    Just a few observations on my part...

Very successful people buy Sigs.
    If they don't know much about pistolas,they'll ask around. Since these people are generally in a upper-mid to upper lever income, they just want the best thing for the money and more often than not its a Sig.

This is true for the most part and seen in the CCW classes that I teach. The white collar folks will have Sigs,and HK's and maybe some higher end Colts.

The rest of the folks will have everything else.

I'm not slamming anyone for their preferences and hope that no one takes offense, but in my neck of the woods, those that can afford Sigs will usually buy them. Ditto for folks that don't make as much money, but know about guns...for instance most of the gun shop guys around here carry Sigs. The more knowledgeable cops that are into guns carry Sigs when they can.

Another observation...

I have never ever confiscated a Sig in my duties as a Deputy. I had to take numerous guns for numerous reasons, but they have all been run of the mill to cheap stuff.

So there ya have it. The more you are around guns, the more you've GOT to have a Sig at some time in your life...

2. Remove Ads

Now that weird most the people round here than work in one gunshop are cops they carry sigs on duty and 1911's in the shop

To each there own sigs just aint for me

1952 - 2006
    Actually Chris, I went to the 'dark side' a long time ago. I've had a Sig P-226 9mm for several years, I just prefer a 1911 for carry purposes. (That, just to satisfy Bruce).

I've always believed that the Sig is one of the best platforms for a shooter of average training and skills. The gun is easy to operate, easy to disassemble and clean. Plus their reliability under adverse conditions is almost legend. If someone can afford one, I usually recommend a Sig to all new shooters and new CCW holders looking for a carry weapon.

This endorsement in no way maligns my trust, belief in and steadfastness of the 1911 platform. (again, for Bruce)

I, like Bruce, Bumper, Nighthawk and several others on this forum will probably have a 1911 on my hip as my primary weapon until they bury me with BobFord1. (For those that don't know that is the serial number on my custom RRA 1911 that I had built to my specs.)

I just wanted to add to the arsenal a couple more first class handguns.

Below is a pic of the 226 that I keep for insurance purposes.
    Attached Images
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Assistant Administrator
    I daresay Bob you did mention that before - but s 4 brains here probably forgot! I only think of 1911's when I think of your armament.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links